Finally I bought a butane torch.

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by LadyKikio, May 9, 2013.

1. I have such a bad rep with lighters. Spent around 40 bucks for two that broke. My friend suggested that I go to an auto store and ask for a small butane torch. It's not with the box lighters, its on a shelf. So far I like it, but my friend was taking a hit off my pipe, and the torch gives off so much heat he burnt his finger.

ForumRunner_20130509_121033.png

ForumRunner_20130509_121204.png

2. If you're only smoking weed you have absolutely no need for that thing. It will waste so much thc because of how hot it burns. Stick with a Bic for pipes.

If you're using it to take dabs however, nice pickup.

3. How do you spend $40 on lighters and why would you get that?? Please don't torch your weed that just ruins it. Get a hemp wick

4. 1. That thing looks super sketch

2. Do not smoke bowls with this. Do you know how much butane youre inhaling? Thats gross as fuck

3. You only need something like this for dabbing concentrates. Get some hemp wick or spend $40 on one of those heat rod things

5. Still new at this. The first two lighters were some fancy ones I bought from a head shop to celebrate smoking for the first time. I've been trying different ways to smoke, so I recently bought a pipe. I found it difficult to manuever with the bic lighter. Thanks for the heads up on messing up my weed!

6. Go to a head shop and buy hemp wick. I light mine off a candle mostly, don't even need a lighter.

Fuck butane. Shoulda came here before taking your friends advice IMO.

7. If you're having difficulty lighting your bowl with a normal lighter, I would try some hemp wick. Burn a candle to light the wick off of. Very relaxing way to smoke.

Edit: pun650 is a sneaky ninja :p I take too long to type :(

8. [quote name='"LadyKikio"']

Still new at this. The first two lighters were some fancy ones I bought from a head shop to celebrate smoking for the first time. I've been trying different ways to smoke, so I recently bought a pipe. I found it difficult to manuever with the bic lighter. Thanks for the heads up on messing up my weed![/quote]

Save that torch for if you ever get into concentrates(even though it'll require some fairly expensive glass). Hemp wick is the way to go, no added fuel to your lungs, better taste(you'll actually figure out what butane tastes like after a bit). I have asthma, and the hemp wick is a game changer as to what I can handle. Oh. And you can get a small piece for like 2-3$. Or a year+ supply for 30$

9. I've been on and off the website and checking YouTube videos. For some reason I thought I had to put water in the pipe until I watched some folks on YouTube.

Sorry. Smoked and got off track. I wish I started smoking at a younger age. How did I miss out on this!

10. [quote name='"KangarooBunny"']If you're having difficulty lighting your bowl with a normal lighter, I would try some hemp wick. Burn a candle to light the wick off of. Very relaxing way to smoke.

Edit: pun650 is a sneaky ninja :p I take too long to type :([/quote]

Lol actually never seen someone else give the candle advice, thought I was the only one. Good stuff.

Hemp rope for life.

11. [quote name='"LadyKikio"']

I've been on and off the website and checking YouTube videos. For some reason I thought I had to put water in the pipe until I watched some folks on YouTube.[/quote]

Lol sorry but that's funny. Coming from someone who learned very early. Started smoking before my teens :/