Finally Glad To Be Back To The Pc Ranks

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Synyster Jesus, May 26, 2013.

1. After about a hour of hesitation I've finally pulled the trigger to become about $1500 poorer...

Cuz i gots mah parts and new peripherals on order :metal: :metal: :metal:

I'm sooooo excited it's rediculous. Oh how I've missed you, dear mouse and keyboard :love:

Just thought I'd share my excitement, carry on Blades :bongin:

2. What parts did you order?

Sent from my Samsung GS4 SCH-I545

3. #3 Synyster Jesus, May 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2013
    Well I wanted something small to fit where I want it in my room so I started with a Bitfenix Prodigy case. The important stuff I'll have are an I5 3570k, Gigabyte mini itx Z77, 8gb of Corsair Vengeance, and a Sapphire Vapor X 7950.

As for the rest:
    - 750w Corsair PSU
    - WD Blue 1tb HDD
    - Crucial M4 128gb SSD

Then the mouse, monitor, keyboard, windows 7... bumped it up a lot of money lol

4. nice components but good luck keeping all that from heating up too much on a mini itx board.

i'm personally holding out for the new consoles to come out before upgrading (for those sweet, sweet price drops) and this thread makes me wish i had a new pc already. got a steam full of games but nothing to play them on haha.

5. Yea I thought about heat issues with it, but I won't be over clocking at all and I did get a cooler, a 212 EVO. Not sure if that'll be enough though lol. If it fucks up I'll just get a tower and an ATX board

6. Sounds good but you coulda saved 100$ pirating windows.

7. Damn...I wish I had 1500 bucks to spend on a computer lol, need to find a better job is what I need to do.

8. Id rethink your build. Spend the extra money now to have your Pc not overheat and possibly ruin all of your parts.

Any higher end title is gonna cause your card and Cpu to get warm, and your board is not equipped to handle that type of gaming especially for longer amounts of time

9. #9 Synyster Jesus, May 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2013

Hmmm true..... what do you think I should do? Just say fuck it and spend a little more on a tower and ATX?

Or perhaps just a better cooling solution? I'd really like to keep the size small lol

10. Ya man i'd get a bigger tower. that size is just a tad too small if you want to have it last. I don't think you'll have significant heating issues with it, but as another poster mentioned, you want something that'll last you and will be great for your money and great for upgrading. what's going to happen when you fill out your SSD? eventually you're going to want another one or two. im already on my 2nd 1 tb hdd and its only been a year.

here's what my tower looks like

[​IMG]

plenty of slots for all your upgrading desires. i currently have 5 fans installed and i have zero heating problems. pretty decent price too

11. Hmmm true..... what do you think I should do? Just say fuck it and spend a little more on a tower and ATX?

Or perhaps just a better cooling solution? I'd really like to keep the size small lol

</blockquote>Get a closed loop CPU cooler. The Corsair H60 is pretty cheap and works great.

That way you only need to worry about major airflow through the radiator and graphics card. Plus, I think it looks a hell of a lot nicer than a bulky heat sink.

Sent from my Samsung GS4 SCH-I545

Are those easy to setup? I was looking at liquid cooling a while ago... I kinda figured it wouldn't fit in this case, but upon further research the H60 fits fine

Daaaaaaaamn I did not even think of that! Shit lol

13. Yeah, the thermal paste is preapplied.

All you do is screw in the mount via screws on the back of the mobo, put the block on the cpu, screw it in, screw in the radiator and attach either 1 or 2 120 mm fans.