Finally done with drug court!

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Icecoldbeefstew, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Alright just a little info on what drug court is and why im in it. Drug court is a program in my state where you can get you charges reduced/ dropped if you complete the program. Which consists of going to court for a review of how your doing in the program twice a month, "checking in" at a correctional counsilling building 5 times a week (gets dropped to 3 and eventually to 1), going to group meetings twice a week and meeting with 2 different counclers a week. Also random drug testing on a color system, call a telephone number, you color is up you have to take a drug test that day.

So how it happened. A couple of years ago when i was 16 me and some friends were puffin some bowls behind the movie theatre. We go in there high as fuck and they wont sell us the tickets to a rated R movie because only one of my friends was 17 at the time.

So off to Blockbuster to rent some shit. Me being the baked lightweight that i was stupidly forgot to turn my lights on at about 10 at night. Cops pull me over, asks if i had been smoking and again being really high and a noob to smoking I told him yes and gave it to him. Arrested and headed to the hospital for them to take my blood for testing, even though i told them i had been smoking weed. Charged with poessession, pariphinalia, and operating with a restriced substance.

Fast forward to my senior year, still no penalties from the charges and my smoking has gone up a lot. To almost daily and i get the letter that my blood took the state over a year to be tested. So i get a public defender and he says i should do this program to halp get my charges dropped.

I started on july 19th. The last time i smoked was the 17th. I moved though the program in less that 6 months, which is extrmely fast considering it is a 9 month program. And my graduation date is this thursday, the 5th of January.

So this friday me and some friends plan to get completely baked. One of m friends has a gas mask and a regular bong so i look forward to re-entering the world of mary jane in a very good way. Although i do not plan on smoking nearly as much as i used to because im actually doing good in school for once and don't want to ruin that.

2. Way to go!

Another way to keep on doing good in school is to make sure you've got everything done for tomorrow (& are ready for any surprise quizzes that might get thrown at you) before you light up. Worked for me!

3. Glad to hear it man. When you start back up just focus on the ways youve improved your life and just enjoy that and just dont let the herb take over. We can all get into that phase of being high all day everyday

4. You're really lucky that he didn't give you a DUI for that. He could've gave you a DUI and that would've been really damaging to your record.

Congratulations though. For every dark night there's a brighter day.

5. Yeah im definitly still going to be focusing mainly on school before the buds. And i did get a DUI, but it wasnt that it was some other similar charge that will stay on my record.

6. Congrats for doing the right thing, good job

7. i hate you :( the 5th is my court date which i think im getting probation and angermanagment

oh and cgratz on moving threw that program man

8. I'm glad to hear you will finish and not re-offend. The saddest thing I've seen are kids in trouble that say fuck it, I'm already screwed. They continue to cycle through the courts and subsequently prison freq flyers. It's NOT the end of the world. You can move past this. Be more careful and watch this video.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

9. I forgot to turn on my lights once while high.

I had weed in my pocket and friends with weed in their pockets. We got pulled over:

COP: Do you have weed in the car?
    ME: No, sir.
    COP: Are you on probation or parole blah blah blah?
    ME: Summary probation, sir.
    COP: Do you have weed on you? You know I can search the car since you are on probation. So do you have weed on you?
    ME: No, sir. I do not have any weed.
    COP to FRIEND 1: Do you?
    FRIEND 1: Yes
    COP: Alright show it to me, get it out. How about you? TO FRIEND 2
    FRIEND 2: Yes
    COP:Alright same thing, get it out and give it to me both of you.

The cops proceeds to get my friends out the vehicle and have them dump the weed on the ground to scrape and pulverize the weed into the asphalt. They did. The cop then walks to my driver side and hands me my paperwork back as my friends re-entered the vehicle.

COP: You know I could tow your car for lying and not saying your friends have weed.
    Me: Ok.
    COP: Drive safe.

Moral of the story: Know the law :) but not really, congrats!

10. yeah i know the laws now. this happen 2 years ago the first time ever buying my own sack and the first time using my first piece