Final flush

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by kenzoSlice, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Both strains I'm growing say they take 65-70 days to flower im on week 4 approximately on 33 or 35 days I'm following the bloom line deluxe feed chart and plan on using their product called final flush in week 12
    http://www.yellowbottles.com/deluxe.pdf

My question is I been reading everybody suggest flushing for two weeks if I'm following their feed chart to I flush for a additional week 1 with the final followed by 1 w just water

2. first, i wouldn't waste my money on some flush product. i use plain r/o water, i don't even ph it. i do it for a good ten eleven days, that ought to do it for you.

3. Ok I wasn't sure first timer so I bought damn near the whole line I just want food results I'll tweak it from there

4. I've actually fed right up to harvest before. Did not increase yield in comparison to a pure water flush. I did however reduce aroma and flavor and give a much harsher smoke. When flushing your not actually "flushing" nutes out of your plants, your just not giving them any more so they use up what they have stored. They also begin to break down chlorophyll so leaves may yellow. This is perfectly normal. You need this chlorophyll break down, which also happens on the curing process, for a good smoke. But defenatly use only pH corrected water. Flush products are a waste of money in my experience.

5. you really don't want to ph. reason being, remember why you ph in the first place. you ph so the plant is able to take in nutrients. an incorrect ph will keep the plant from taking in certain nutes. well, why would you ph your flush, if doing so will increase nutrient uptake? i do agree though, that flushing agents are a huge waste of money....

6. It's not exactly a flushing agent you use it in the last week only n then proceed to flush or chop

7. Good point GrowBot. Ive always pHed my water as a habit. Don't you think that a pH that's way high for example will affect the plants during flush? I have well water and it fluctuates in pH. Sometimes it's high even after RO.

8. ph is adjusted to allow nutrient uptake, that's all. yes, if you were to adjust the ph way out of whack, the plant wouldn't be able to take in nutes, for the most part. in flush, nutes aren't wanted.

9. Ok, let me explain this. During the last week or two while flushing your plants are by no means in active. There is still a whole lot of inner and inter cellular activity going on. All cells, whether plant or animal, need water for nearly all cellular processes. Cells take in water through a process called osmosis. Osmosis is the diffusion of water from an area of greater concentration to an area of lesser concentration through a selectively permeable membrane. This is similar to what happens in RO filters but when occurring organically hydrogen and hydroxyl ions effect the permeability of the aforementioned membrane. For those without a background in cellular biology....if the pH ain't right those little cells in there won't get the right amount of water. In addition, if alkalinity is either to high or to low denaturation can occur. This is when nucleic acids suffer break down of both secondary and tertiary structure resulting in divisional in activity. Translation...DNA won't split, new cells don't form, buds don't swell. It's not a matter of nute uptake, but rather a mater of basic hydration. Besides without adding nutes to the system water, there are no nutes to be taken in.

10. hey delta, i don't think ph'ing is necessary to enable a plant to take in water is it??? somehow that doesn't sound right....

11. [quote name='"GrowBot"']hey delta, i don't think ph'ing is necessary to enable a plant to take in water is it??? somehow that doesn't sound right....[/quote]

It's not right. God doesn't ph the rain.

12. But rainwater doesn't come out our chlorinated water treatment centers I think that's why we ph

Ever had water from a real natural spring out of a mountain side . Tell you it's delicious don't taste like Aquafina n Poland spring

13. Actually, the average pH of rain water is about 5.6. Even in nature the laws of biology govern cellular activity. When pH is out of range in nature, for instance abnormally low such as in the case of acid rain, crop production can be greatly diminished without supplemental irrigation. In fact, due atmospheric pollutants having increasingly negative effects on rain water, many farmers in the States and abroad have turned to collecting and treating rain water before irrigation. My statements regarding the effect of pH on cellular activity are not my opinion, it's basic cellular biology. I'm not saying that without pHing your water during flush your harvest will be bad, but I look at it like this; Nature has the greatest growing aid ever created....the sun. Indoors we can never come close to the power of the sun, not to mention the UV B rays stimulating resin production (by the way, if you think your lights put out more lumens because of what's been published by manufacturers, look up the inverse- square law of light intensity). So any steps I can take to increase productivity and quality are well worth the effort. But each to their own.

14. By the way, I'm not saying they can't hydrate without proper pH but it may not be optimal.

15. And no pHing is not necessary for a "plant" to take in water. That will happen through capillary action. But what happens after the water is in the plant? That's what's important. I doesn't matter to me how much water my Plants take in, if that water is not ideal for cellular activity. Happy cells make happy plants and happy plants make happy people.