Final checklist on first grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Ohaithere, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Alright, so in a week or so I'll be starting my first grow, and I just wanna make sure I don't miss anything. I'm gonna be growing a single Auto #1 in a 5 gallon pot, using Miracle Gro Organic soil. I have 6 26w CFL's. Once the plant gets to be about 2 weeks old, I'll start giving it some sort of nutrient higher in Nitrogen than P and K. Once I can see pistils, I'll start giving it something with a 1-3-2 NPK ratio, or close to that. Am I missing anything, or should I change anything? Also, regarding the nutrients, what can I get at my local Walmart or Home Depot that's acceptable for them? (there are no hydro stores near me)

2. I'd try and look for another soil. I do believe the MG organic even has time released nutes in it.
    Walmart or Home Depot should have an organic seed starter soil with no nutes in it. Most people that use MG end up with nute burn because you can't control what your soils doing.
    If you can't find anything else then mix some perlite and some vermiculite in your soil to thin down the amount of MG being used. It's a good idea to add it anyway for drainage.
    There are nutes you can use from Walmart or Home Depot. Although not the greatest choice they are useable with decent results. You'll just have to check your N-P-K rating and get one for veg and one for flower.
    A few things you didn't mention is that you'll need a few fans. One blowing on her and one for ventilation assuming you're growing in a box or closet.
    And one of the most important things is that you'll need someway of testing and controlling your PH. Which you should get dialed in soon as your seed pops and gets put into your soil.