Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Filters

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Decrease, Dec 10, 2012.

1. When I roll a joint, I always use cotton filters, which look and operate sort of like cigarette filters, but not nearly as dense. My friends, all of whom use ends of business cards as filters, say this is stupid and filters out THC, not to mention it also makes it much harder to inhale. I will admit that it does make it a lot harder to inhale, but I'm just trying to breath in as little tar and shit as possible. I've hit my friends joints who roll it with little pieces of paper as their filter and it hits pretty fucking smooth, so my questions are:

Does the cotton filter really filter out that much THC? I don't notice a real difference between how high I get off a few hits of the cotton filter vs paper filter.

And, do business card filters successfully block out most of the tar that you would breathe in if it were unfiltered? I'd be happy to switch to the smoother smoke but not if it meant it were more unhealthy.

Also I added a poll, interested to see how many (if any of you) use cotton filters...

2. I use both, depending on what exactly I'm smoking.
    If it's straight weed, I use a business card (what Aussies call a 'roach'). If it's mixed with tobacco, but less than 50:50, still a business card.
    If it's 50% tobacco or more I use a filter.
    I just find the filters get gummed up with tar and manky before the joints finished.

3. I've always just used business card filters, I've tried the cotton filters but it made it harder to inhale... I felt like I just wasted more. It's better for filtering out chemicals tho if that's your worry. The business card filters really don't filter out much at all except keeping the weed from being inhaled haha.

4. I do believe using a cotton/similar type filter does filter out THC so I always use cardboard or something like that. if you've only got the cigarette-type filters you could always just poke holes in it

5. I smoke bongs for the best of both worlds

~Good martial artists and good stoners need the same traits. Control, timing and a good set of lungs - Myself

6. When I was younger, I thought I was smart and used a Ciggarette Tube, and rolling machine (The ones with filters etc) and used bud instead, so it was visually a cigarette! Roughly 1.6g to fill the bitch. Anyway, i smoked it and didnt feel a thing! I was also smoking in the shower, but that never caused me to be unable to get high before! I wouldnt do it.

7. Use material that does not capture valuable substance such as cotton.

I always use RAW unbleached crutches for my piff jays