Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Filter In Ur Joint??

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TrippinOn420, Nov 26, 2010.

1. so i ussually smoke with other people leading to them rolling the joint but now i want to smoke alone or whenever i want to..im trying to learn how to roll a joint..i youtube-ed it and saw people putting filters in it (one guy used an index card)...anyways should i use it bc i dont really want the roach and even tho the filter takes up space, it dosnt take a lot for me to get high...if you reccomend it what should i use as a filter?:rolleyes:

2. doesn't really matter i used to put them in my joints but don't anymore unless i feel it's neccessary. if you're joints usually get a lot of "scoobie snacks" or jsut shit in your mouth lol then i would put not grind your weed as much or put in a roach. you can use basically anything you want as you're not going to be smoking it. i usually just use an index card like you said/peices of rolling paper package/just regular paper.

3. I use the Joker cards on playing decks, rip about a 1/3 inch from l0ng side to long side and roll it up like a joint and place in the end of the joint,

4. In my experience roaches help a lot for me. I tend to get a bit of weed in my mouth and it's kind of off putting when you're trying to smoke with little bits of weed in your mouth.

5. does it like absorb or stop THC

6. not it doesn't it's not like a ciggerette filter which will stop you from getting thc. a roach you put in joints in just a rolled up peice of paper. it has a hole in the middle so you get all the smoke. if you wanna know how to make a filter aka roach then click here.

The filter, roach or tip of a joint

7. when I first started rolling I didn't use filters but the past few months I always use one. It's just better cause you can smoke all of the weed in the J and also you don't get bits of weed in your mouth.

8. Yeah man a filter is so much better. If you get a dec size one you should be able to finish the joint so there isn't a roach left.. or not very much wasted at least. I would imagine after awhile of using the same filter, there would be resin on it and some sticky THC on it. This is just me but eventually I would add the filter to my bowl if I was low on weed.

9. #9 *guest, Nov 26, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
    I use a little piece of the cardboard from a cigarette pack.

If you open the pack and look at the inside of the top of the box, there's a strip about a centimeter or so wide that folds over and runs along the inside. Tear it in half, roll it up until it's joint sized, and stick it in there. :p

I like it because it keeps the weed out of your mouth, is easier to hold when the joint gets low, and it keeps the air flowing well if you smoke with people who are prone to squishing it with their lips. ;)

It's called a "crutch" where I live, FYI. :smoking:

10. Either a cigarette pack or any piece of think card-stock-like paper.

Not a filter that you would find in a cigarette, that filters out the resins and cannabinoids that get you high.

:smoke:

11. i enjoy having a filter plus i find it easier to roll a j with one then without one.