Figured it out

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by jamesjay420, Jan 24, 2017.

1. #1 jamesjay420, Jan 24, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    Figured it out

2. It doesn't matter.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Genesis 1:29 “Then God said, ‘I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.’”

So Reggie is fine loud sending you straight to hell though

Joking its a seed bearing plant man

• Like Like x 5
  4. Let's take a deeper look up in this bitch:

From my handy dandy Catholic Bible, let's dumb this down to layman terms.

"Be sober and vigilant. Your opponent the devil is prowling around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour"

I think this is talking about temptations and the lion waits for that ONE slip up to happen and then he'll be on you like a wild sex party. I also think that the term devour means to overpower the one person who can control thoughts and feelings.

Why the hell do you think this is about weed?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Because it says be sober wouldn't smoking make you non sober

6. God created pot to help us. He knew ahead of time that there would be some tension with the whole pot thing.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Look up sober.

Then look up the word that is used in the original text.

Short answer, no.

8. Jesus won't you fucking whistle.. something but the past and gone.

9. I think it's important not to try to take the bible so literally, or even metaphorically.

Remember that these books were translated from an ancient language into Greek & Latin, and then translated again into English. If I remember correctly, these ancient languages the bible was translated from was more of a symbolic language, kinda like hieroglyphs and emojis. It's easy for context to have been lost in translation.

• Like Like x 6
  10. Don't forget many altered and left out entirely..... Hell me and you aren't even allowed to look at certain material... Only the pope and some others are deemed worthy or some shit.... Hell catholics don't even use bibles at church anyway though...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Don't go Jihad on the Bible. If you're a Catholic you're going to hell for wanking so you might as well chill out and put that Bible to use as firing.

That's unless you've never wanked?

• Like Like x 2
  12. I think what He is trying to get across in that passage is be wary of your motivations.
    If you're using it respectfully, you're fine. If you're using it for a reason that's also getting you into trouble or a dangerous situation or approval from others, then you'll be put in between a rock and a hard place. You can potentially be put in a situation that's lose - lose and ends up being "devoured by sin[ful actions]"

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  13. #13 weedvaper, Feb 18, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    I'll tell you one of my meanings: Keep cognition, stay watchful and very much awake and alert to your thoughts and actions. The biggest part no matter the religion is about changing thoughts and perceptions . By freeing ones self from the defects of the mind and from doing so changing actions. One thing I take from what it's saying is don't do anything to the degree that it stops you from your continued enteral work. So someone who is doing the work I'd say it would depend on the amount and strain of weed. It also means not to get distracted by life letting your mind wander (into past or future)and there for forgetting to continue to observe and overcome the defects of the mind.Just my opinion

14. Leviticus says it's a sin to mix fibers and eat shellfish... I had shrimp for lunch and I am wearing a cotton blend outershirt so I am surely damned and will be cast into a lake of fire for all eternity.

• Like Like x 2
  15. The bible is reffering to Trump in that passage.

As for me, i'm gonna get high and know that the God of my understanding loves me. Do you think you are gonna burn in hell because you smoke weed?

• Like Like x 4
  16. why do people who don't believe in the word of god even post in these pages? are you really that bored that you have to inject your "humor" into the people you believe are to ignorant to know the truth? why try to convince them?

back to the subject - here's something else to think about. if you believe that marijuana is medicine (it is) and that other medicines are ok, then why would marijuana be any different? Take an oxycontin and tell me you're sober, or don't and face the pain of cancer.

• Like Like x 1
  17. 1st Timothy says "drink no longer water but take a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine other infirmities..."

18. Weed makes me more aware. I notice things in my surrounding that I wouldn't otherwise.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Many translations over the years make it difficult to study deeply in English. Many theologians study the Bible in its original language and from old sources.

But no, this doesn't translate to "don't do drugs". Although many fundamentalists and other Christian sects have used this passage to support their sober ideals

• Like Like x 1
  20. Because we don't want to live in a sheeple nation where elected officials get riligiously psychotic and and make it a mandatory felony and death sentence to even buy a pipe. I am trying to free OP from that bondage. He will quit smoking weed and he does not want to quit. He quits because he thinks god will condemn him to hell. Bullshit.