fight. who is right?

Discussion in 'General' started by imc00lerthanu, Jul 3, 2008.

1. okay. so i asked my girlfriend to promise me that she wouldnt drive wit anyone that has been drinking. then she said that i should know her better than that. so she made me feel all bad. then i pleaded her to promise me. then she stop talking to me. then i pleaded her to call me so i could give her a ride if she was in a situation. then she says "fine nick, ill let you be my dad". so i brought up the fact that she told me i should know her better, and she wouldnt do it, and then she tells me that she cant promise me and that she might do it? then all she says is "depends." so ive stopped replying. and this is all coming from a girl that had her brother killed in a car crash caused by a drunk driver. and now she is all pissed at me.
    everytime i care about her i get shit on.
    what the fuck?

2. She sounds fuckin immature as hell man. Time for a new girl.

3. i think shes not promising to spite you. she probably thinks youre being too over protective.

is she a smart girl? could you see her getting trashed and let someone drunk drive her around?

i think youre in the right. But you do have to let her make the decision. it would be terrible if she got into an accident. if you already talked with her about it and shes ignoring you, just hope that shes smart enough to make the right decision when the time comes.

[​IMG]

4. Maybe her dad is doing the same thing as you and thus you doing it too makes her even more pissed.

You're not wrong, but maybe you're going about it the wrong way?

5. sounds like you are really being over protective... if her brother died from a drunk driver i doubt she will get in a car with one. But she doesn't want to promise and she has that right.

and i agree w/ jolta

6. rofl to that picture, it made me laugh.
    but she has driven with people that have been fucked on chronic, and drunk. they werent wearing their seatbelts and they were going 90 jumping railroad tracks in a minivan.
    so ya, i guess you could say she is open about driving people that are drunk.
    but what gets me is that she made me feel like an asshole by saying "you should know me better. it hurts that you would even ask that" and then she says that she would get in the car with someone that has been drinking. im pretty much over the part about her not promising. and know she is asking what is wrong with me.

7. Maybe go to the party with her?

8. Sounds like she's playing you, trying to get an advantage over you or something...you overly expressed your concern and now she's seeing how far she can get into your head...girls love making guys go crazy, but thats just my guess...have you brought up her brother at all when you tell her not to drive with drunk people?

9. ha, fuck that. id never hear the end of it. then she would feel like shit. i just let it go. i told her i was sorry if i was being over protective. and that i just care about it.

10. man, you don't have to apologize for shit. all you did was just make sure that she comes home safely without being the next victim of a drunk driving accident. if she's not smart enough to listen to someone who cares about her, then it's her fault for being a dumb bitch. no offense.

11. ha, ya we have had arguements about other things like this. her party habits, alchohol consumption, butts. im going to add this to the list of things ill sit back and wait till i can say "i told you so". the only thing that makes me hesitant is that if she does make the mistake, it might be her last. but that is me being my father's son. he is totally anti-anything bad. haha. he says he will break my fingers off and poke my own eyes out with them if i drink, or smoke. oops:smoking: so he kinda rubbed off onto me. which sucks, i used to give people alot of shit about smoking, then i decided to get to know what i was fighting about, and i realized that i was being a product of a conformist society. but i still cant stop me bringing all this shit up. she says that i treat her like a little girl that cant make decisions for herself. i kind of agree with that, but the only reason i bring the shit up is because i care about her. and if she got hurt, i would die. does anyone else see where im coming from? and girls, if you were in the situation with your boyfriend bringing this up, what would you do?

12. when she is in her coffin?

13. she only says that because she probably makes dumb decisions and you know it. ie: getting into a car with a drunk driver and knowing it, even though her brother died in a drunk driving accident.

14. Yeah he didn't necesarily have to apologize, but it seems like it helped end the problem and it was the smart move on his part if he wants to keep his giorl. You can't make a girl do something she doesn't want to and bugging her to make a promise about something she doesn't want to do is just asking for her to find someone else.

I would definitely be concerned about it, but it seems like you are taking the right approach by letting her make her own choices. I wouldn't say it's a good idea to let it go just so you can bring it up later and throw it in her face though. That's probably the worst thing you can do. If a girl doesn't wanna hear it now, she sure as hell ain't going to be willing to listen when you are sitting there after the fact saying "Told ya so"....trust me that isn't the way to go about things. If you are really that concerned I would say make her choose between you and doing the things that worry you. I mean I know it's easier said than done but you can't be stressing over something you obviously can't control, it's really not fair for her to be doing that.

15. i dont know ur girl but from what u said it sounds like u need to back off if her brother was killed by a drunk driver how the hell could she get in the car with someone drunk..i think shes just feeling like u think shes an idiot or maybe shes just very sensitive about her brothers death.. give her some space if she dont wana talk abou it dont make her talk about it

16. sounds like she's just tripping. girls are like that.

especially if she's been affected by the actions of a drunk driver. tell her to shape the fuck up.

idk what i'm saying. i've been drinking.

17. no no, i dont plan on actually telling her i told her so. haha. like when she realizes that she made a bad decision, and that i warned her, she will take my advice more seriously : ] she told me she didnt want to talk to me, thats when i stopped argueing. im just gonna let it go though. ill always be worrying about it, but ill just let her make her own decisions, and her own mistakes if it comes down to it.

18. Yeah I got you....hey if you wanna worry about your girl doing something thats out of your hands thats your choice, but me personally I couldn't do it. Just for my peace of mind I couldn't imagine worrying about if my girl was going to be in a car with a drunk driver every night she went out. But if she got a good head on her shoulders you would think she would be smart enough to not be in that situation anyways.

19. Honestly man, she doesnt sound like a keeper, at least to me. Simply because she said you should know her better, but it sounds like you both know damn well she would, she was just trying to make you feel guilty and shut up. Sounds kinda like a bitch, and one who doesnt really care about themselves or other people very much. it would be diffrent if she never did anything like that, but if shes been known to..... I know this is not what you wanted to hear, and if you think I have it wrong, feel free to ignore me.

20. Sounds like a dumbass chick.