Fight or move on?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Goonie Son, Sep 27, 2012.

1. A little backround: Me and this girl started off as friends. I met her after she had just got out a relationship, and I didnt want to push things. Over the course of four months, we hung out reguraly and became close. I chose not to go off to a university because I was falling in love and I wanted to take my chances. After those four months, we talked about hooking up and she took my virginity, and we became fuck buddies. A few months later, she went to another guy. I told her that I loved her (which I did) and she dropped the other guy a week later and decided she wanted to be with me.

Our relationship went steady for almost five months. I treated her very well, but she didn't like my humor and thought i was turning into an asshole. I spent probably close to five grand on her over the course of our friendship and relationship, and we planned on going to college together.

About a month ago, she broke up with me, claiming that it wasn't what she wanted and that feelings had changed. We broke up/got back together for the month, and just a few days ago she told me I had to accept that we couldn't be in a relationship anymore. We went back to being friends, promising each other that we wouldn't hook up with other people while we were at home, and that we could try again in the future.

Main Point: I still love this girl with all my heart, but I've come to accept that right now were not going to be together right now. I am just confused as what to do, because the university I wanted to go to offered me a spot in there spring semester.

This girl is my first love, and it seems as if I can't live without her. I want to keep trying, but she has shot me down so many times that I don't know if I should keep trying and be friends and see if things work out, or to go off to a university and start my life there. I dont want to make any mistakes, but I dont want to hinder my future based on maybe's, either.

Tl;dr I am still in love with my ex after she broke my heart. She said we can be friends and try things in the future. Do i stay and hope things work out, or go off to a university and being my life there? Thanks for the read!

2. Come on dude.... furture first....

3. Go to the university. There will plenty of time in life for love, but you have to think about your future. Seriously...
    If this girl sees you taking control of your life and moving forward WITHOUT her, that confidence, drive and motivation becomes extremely appealing.

4. She's living her life. You do the same, your young experience life, love will eventually come. If not you'll die alone and high
    Smoke::p

5. Go to the university hombre. I remember my first love, thought it was going to last forever, ended up a broken hearted hoover fixer guy, moved on, got a new girlfriend now who is less sluttier, plays no mind games, and treats me well.

6. You should stay and try and be with a girl who has already expressed she has no desire to be with you. I'm sure your wit and charm, dashing good looks and ridicilous amounts of money will serve you well.

And i mean, come on, your only missing university!

7. donts stay friends dont be around her at all otherwise youll never get over her, and you need to get over her!

8. I've been in the exact same situation, and I chose the girl.. After 3 years she dumped my ass and it took me waaaay longer to get that paper from university. Future first man, think about yourself before you think of anyone else.