Fiest leaves are yellowing

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mrtwomuchskill, May 7, 2006.

1. was up fellow growers I gotta a newbie question for yall today its been a week since I sprouted and the lower leaves are yellowing I know I dont have anything to worry about but I would like some help to identify what causing this there currently in seedling soil and waiting to be transplanted in some FoxFarm 3 gallon grow bags thinkin about trasnplanting next week do you guys think I should wait the extra week and do it on the 3rd week or not thx in advance for your responses

2. most new grows will yellow, it's the young leaves getting used to the nutes in the soil thatb they're growing in.........wait till at least 21 days before transplating if your unsure..........and when transplanting, bury those 2 yellow cotlydon leaves, it'll give your plant a better chance of a good life by getting a better root system built up............happy growing...........Peace out........Sid

3. thx for the response but I will probally be transplanting sooner than that cause im growing in 26 oz cops but I did and some extra soil today when I was watering so you never know waiting to see some root on bottom of cup or an inch deep on top of soil before I trasnplant though is thatn a good rule of thumb

4. i allwys start in 3 or 5 Gallon pots to start with, the less transplanted the better.........minimum 3 gallon,if indoors, bigger if outdoors..........Peace out.........Sid

5. I'll be sure to that with my next grow but for further references whats the watering schedeule for the first month or two

6. depends mate on the size of pot being used, and ligts etc........but i allways used to take it easy on young ones.......add the water more central to the stem, as the roots are just developing.........i use a waterbottle with a spray function, to keep it moist.......once over 8" tall it's more water to add............Peace out...........Sid