Field Tests with the Aqua Camel

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by AdawgsMultiverse, Jul 15, 2015.

1. #1 AdawgsMultiverse, Jul 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2015
    Hello,
    My name is Aaron and am the growing consultant for Aqua Camel. My background is I've been growing for about 15 years now, have owned a hydro store and also have a product called Tiresias Mist. I've had the privilege of growing with soil, coco, rockwool and hydro, including NFT, DWC, ebb n flo and with countless mediums and different containers. I will never claim to be the best, master growers are masters of their craft, but I'm well-rounded in the growing and use a scientific approach on all my testings. I will use this thread to post results from the different tests I have ran and continue to run on the Aqua Camel. If there are questions or any specific tests you would like ran, please don't hesitate to let me know. Keep growing!

Attached Files:

2. Interesting stuff.

3. Test #1

Reservoir temperature: The purpose of test was to see how the reservoir water reacted to the ambient temperature and the top surface temperature. The reason is if the Aqua Camel can be used hydroponically, the reservoir temperature is critical to the end result and the plant not getting root rot, which sets in usually right around and above 72 degrees Fahrenheit.
    Results: After 5 days of testing the following conclusions can be asserted.
    • The Aqua Camel material does not insulate the reservoir.
    • The reservoir water temperature will be equal to ambient temperature after approx one day.
    • The reservoir water temperature is NOT affected by the top surface temperature.
    • Conclusion: If the Aqua Camel works hydroponically, the user should use when either the temperature can be controlled to average at or below 72 degrees or if they insulate the outside of the Aqua Camel.
    • Please note, this is normal. I haven't grown hydroponically in the summer for years because of dealing with warmer reservoir water. Chillers work but are a pain, use a lot of electricity and switching to soil growing during the summer months just makes more sense and is more cost effective.

4. Test #2
    <o:p></o:p>
    Mediums Test: Thepurpose this test is to conclude which mediums work best in the Aqua Camel andhow plants perform when nutrients are added to the reservoir. A local hydroponic store was kind enough togive some space for the tests since I had ran out of room in my home testingarea. The following mediums were tested:<o:p></o:p>
    · Happy Frog potting soil<o:p></o:p>
    · Ocean Forest soil<o:p></o:p>
    · Roots Organic coco based soil<o:p></o:p>
    · Botanicare Ready-Grow coco based soil, top fedweekly<o:p></o:p>
    · Botanicare Ready-Grow coco based soil withnutrients in the reservoir<o:p></o:p>
    · Royal Gold Tupur <o:p></o:p>
    · Hydroton (inert clay balls) with nutrients inreservoir<o:p></o:p>
    · The nutrients were General Hydroponics Floraseries, Gro and Micro at regular strength along with GH Calimagic.<o:p></o:p>
    The tests included the following observations andmeasurements:<o:p></o:p>
    · Ambient temperature and humidity<o:p></o:p>
    · Medium surface temperature<o:p></o:p>
    · Root zone temperature<o:p></o:p>
    · Height<o:p></o:p>
    · Leaf surface area (qualitative) <o:p></o:p>
    · Moisture readings 3” from surface and in rootzone<o:p></o:p>
    · Overall health of plant and roots at the end ofthe experiment.<o:p></o:p>
    Testing environment: Testing area was in grow shop's plant area under one vegetative spectrumLED and a 400 watt MH HID light. Noventilation or fans. Very controlledenvironment. Temperatures fluctuatedfrom 75-83 degree Fahrenheit with an average temperature of 78 degrees. Humidity averaged 37.5%. <o:p></o:p>
    Read on for results….

5. I like to pass a joint

6. Test #2 continued…
    Measurements and results:<o:p></o:p>
    This test was very conclusive. The following measurements and observationswere noted from the tests:<o:p></o:p>
    · Happy Frog and Ocean Forest were the bestperforming soils. Moisture readings fromthe root zone settled in from 3-4, perfect levels. <o:p></o:p>
    · Hydroponically grown plant performed excellentalso.<o:p></o:p>
    · No issues of root rot or other in the HappyFrog, Ocean Forest, hydroponic or Royal Gold Tupur plants.<o:p></o:p>
    · The coco coir medium is not recommended. It wicks too much and some of the roots wereshowing signs of root rot. <o:p></o:p>
    · The plants with nutrients performed better thanplants without and there was no residues from the nutrient solutions. Soluable, non-organic nutrients arerecommended. <o:p></o:p>
    · Vertical growth was from 2 inches on the cocoplants to 6-7 inches in the other mediums. <o:p></o:p>
    · Leaf surface area was extremely impressive. Very rapid, robust growth. See pictures below. <o:p></o:p>
    · Water was added to one reservoir, the others didnot receive any water besides what was delivered from the Aqua Camel'sreservoir. <o:p></o:p>
    · None of the plants showed any nutrientdeficiencies. <o:p></o:p>
    · There were no signs of insects or molds ininspection of soil after pulling plants.<o:p></o:p>
    Conclusions: The AquaCamel works best with potting soils such as Happy Frog or Ocean Forest. Also, it works great hydroponically and withsoluable, non-organic nutrients in the reservoir. All but one of the reservoirs neededadditional water by the end of the tests. Coco coir is not a recommended medium for the Aqua Camel. It seems the wicking effect of the coco pullstoo much water into the growing area, thus root zone. The growth of the plants, especially in theHappy Frog, Ocean Forest and hydroton was nothing short of exceptional androbust. Below are side by side shots ofbefore at the end of testing. The rootsof the Happy Frog, Ocean Forest and hydroponically grown plants were vibrant,white and had no signs of ailments. <o:p></o:p>
    Personal note: I havebeen growing for 15 years and have to say this was the easiest growing method I'veused thus far. The results wereconsistent and non-problematic. Ivisited the plants every five days, took measurements and was on my way. I had more time to inspect the plants, do abit of manicuring and didn't have to worry when I left town during theexperiments. This is the real deal,kudos to the inventor. <o:p></o:p>
    For play by play visit my Tumblr and see results below. http://adawgsmultiverse.tumblr.com/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. How is your container different from these or any of other styles similar to this? They also hold reservoirs of water.

Attached Files: