Fidget Spinners...what's your take on them

Discussion in 'General' started by BigTexFromArkansas, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Okay, so you probably have seen every kid on the block playing with those fidget spinners every where you go, plus Walmart, EZ Mart, Brookshires, and Love's always display them for about $10 in the checkout line, and mall kiosks are handing those out, so what's your take on them?

My opinion is, it's just like how the yo yo and the tops were, we were entertained by them spinning and we used to do tricks with them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. My grandson's playing with his right now. I admit to playing with it also. I'm easily entertained and love that kind of shit.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. I'm more interested in trying to build a generator out of an oversize spinner than anything else.

My mom's a teacher, so I regularly hear her lament about her students "focus aides"

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 4
  4. I love mine.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  5. See them everywhere...think they're awesome for people with autism, ocd, overly anxious,etc

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. #7 Litew8stoner, Jun 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  7. Wish I invented them stupid things...

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Even a regular sized spinner could be altered to generate a small amount of power and potentially be used to charge phones or other small devices. I could see your idea of a larger spinner being used on top of a house and designed to be wind driven, however, that would probably only provide enough energy to act as a secondary source unless you are in the midwest where there is constant wind.

9. These things are fun to play with but since I hate every trend.
    Lol I ain't gonna buy one but if I get my hands on one for free I'll spend my highs playing with it. Now that I think about it I'm probably too old for it but I see them every time I buy beer. Shit we build cars outta legos and crashed them when I was a kid where's the creativity gone?

• Like Like x 1
  10. They are a means to control the masses, as if cell phones weren't enough.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. We Had these
    upload_2017-6-21_17-40-43.png

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. OMG I have one of those somewhere, they're awesome.. when they don't fall off the track..

• Like Like x 3
  13. There was a older version I remember but this is the only new pic I could find
    The one I remember where way heavier and better build with wooden handles etc.

• Like Like x 2
  14. My dad still has one of those, I used to play with it as a kid :laughing: they're way better than fidget spinners!

• Like Like x 1
  15. I'm so fucking far out of the loop. What the hell are these?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. My son got one and he wanted to see how fast it would spin...so I fired up my air compressor and spun it so fast it exploded...I don't recommend trying this, we're lucky it didn't hurt us.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Fidget spinner - Wikipedia
    From what I know, they were aimed at folks with anxiety, ADHD etc - but now literally every kid seems to have one. It's seemingly the new fad amongst kids. They're selling for £5 ($6.34) a pop at my local shop. People much be making bank off them

• Like Like x 1
  18. I just got a free one 2 minutes ago literally as i was reading this thread.

19. Its funny cause I never sit still and that spinny thing is meant for that type of stuff but it annoys the sniz nips outta me. What annoys me more is the guy that "invented it" made a lot of money off of something so simple. Maybe I should invent something it cant be that hard

'Too blessed to be stressed'