Ffof??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by clint torres, Jun 7, 2012.

1. I just had someone tell me that you don't need to add nutes to FFOF for your entire grow. I can abide this. Anyone else go this route?

2. In a way.

If you add some bonus amendments and some top quality vermicompost to a potting soil like that, and allow it time to cycle, it's conceivable.

Making a mix that is sure to work without nutes costs about a third of the price though. No, 'round about where I'm at we don't buy FFOF.

3. Thats not really true. First, not all growers grow the same. Three months of veg takes a lot more nutes than three weeks. Plant size and strain also play in to the equation as to how much and how rapidly the nutrients are consumed. The idea that you can go the whole grow with just the ffof is a generalization at best.

In my expierience, ffof is good for three to five weeks, depending on the plants. Bulky photoperiods, I would start feeding between three and four weeks at 1/4 strength. Autos, four to five weeks for larger varieties. You really just have to watch the plants until you get a good feel for when to feed.

4. You misunderstood me. I transplant into FFOF for the flowering and only my Blueberry doesn't get nutes because of its sensitivity. Read my last post on the other thread.

5. I didnt misunderstand you, you just didnt supply that information in your question.

Yes it could be possible with a sensitive strain I suppose. Ffog isnt really heavy in P though, and seems low in cal/mag. I would still supplement with calmag and mollasses if anything. Even if you transplant into more ffof before flowering, odds are the nutes would be consumed well before the end of flowering. Sure, it is possible, but you could lose yield as well. That just the delicate balance you have to learn.

6. your plants will most likely yellow or show deficiencies if you literelly use nothing but dirt and water. especially during flowering. i have read and heard many people say they grow completely without store bought nutes; but they either use a home-made tea with vermicompost and some bat poop and stuff or some other organic amenities. if you create a little ecosystem of microorganisms in your soil and feed them something (mollases is a good choice due to sugar and carbs) they will help keep your plant and the roots healthy.

7. The very act of watering washes nutes away. YOu have to think a plant growing in the ground simply continues to grow its roots to see out nutes, and water. You have your plant ... and no matter how big your pot is ... in a very limited compact growing area compared to something growing outside.

The bigger your plant gets the more you have to water the more you water the more nutes you flush. Usually last month or so I end up watering every other day or day.

Either way though try and your plants will tell you how they feel. When they start to curl, discolor then you will know.

• Like Like x 1