FFOF No Nutes Just water

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GangsterGreenThumb, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Okay this is my first grow and I honestly got confused with the term organic. I thought it meant no nutes and just organic soil. So thats what I started doing. Only using Foxfarm and distilled water. I havent used any nutes or done anything but give my plant TLC. Now Im curious if this will go well or if I need nutes? My plant shows no signs of deficiencies but then again this is my first grow so I cant be too sure. The plant is nice and green and has been in flowering for about 4 weeks. Ive attached pictures. Please let me know what you think. I need some experienced opinions. My only thought is that the buds are kinda small but then agqin they just started forming a couple of weeks ago. Please let me know if I should or can even add organic nutes this far into the process. Ive never added anything to this plant except some extra soil and water.

I have 1 plant with a 400w LED on it.

It looks good to me but I dont want to get almost to the end and get crappy bud. Also they smell amazing.

Attached Files:

2. #2 pointswest, Mar 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2015
    You can topdress with some earthworm castings and kelp meal.  A fish hydrolysate like Neptune's Harvest could be used also.  Your soil will need something before finish, FF builds it that way so you have to buy their expensive nutrients to finish the grow, but a few simple ammendments will be all you need.

PW

3. #3 SativaDreams, Mar 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2015
    could be sativa dom and you could be in flower for 5 or more weeks...what strain is it?

4. Looking very good, mate. Pointswest has a good idea for organic nutes. Overall they look great, I just see one cola that is a light green. I would give the earthworm castings and kelp, or look for some organic flowering nute and feed very lightly. Very lightly. See how they like it. You've done great, its an awesome plant. Wait to see how she will fill out those bud sites!

5. @SativaDream this is a blue dream seed.

@Joker Thanks Ill grab some organic stuff today. You also said "fill in bud sites" and Im curious to know what that is. Ive tried to find a vid of flowering but I dont find much. I want to see a time lapse video so I know what she is supposed to look like. Are the bud sites the spaces inbetween the nodes?

6. As others pointed out, the plant will be starved pretty soon. FFOF is meant to feed your plant for about 4-5 weeks. You can see some parts of your plant is already turning a lighter green. You can make worm casting slurry and just cover the top of the soil with it. If you can find some Dr. Earth bloom fertilizer, you can top dress with it as well.

7. @westcoast So top dressing vs mixing it in the water?