Few questions for the good ole christian

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by DrGreener, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Hello would like true honest christian to answer these questions don't be afraid be honest also LEts keep it civil :D

1. Why does god hate amputees? - There has never been a case of a single amputee growing back an arm or a leg yet god (supposedly) sees fit to regularly cure cancer sufferers and the blind.

2. Biblical Law - In Matthew 5:17-18 it states that Jesus wants Christians to follow the old testament word for word. Why don't they? And why do they actively disregard the parts of the old testament which they don't agree with or which are socially unacceptable these day, Like child slavery?

3. Eye of a needle - If Jesus said it's difficult, Even impossible, For a rich man to get in to the kingdom of heaven why do so many rich people believe in Jesus? why is it the goal of nearly every single christian to become rich? And why do TV evangelists always want your money?

4. Did god create Cancer and aids - Did he? If so why? And why do good Christians also get them? Or was it a mistake? And if it was, Why not do something about it now?

5. Bible Revisions - The bible read by Christians of today differs by many chapters and thousand of paragraphs from the original. Which one is the word of god and why does man edit it?

6. Second Commandment - If the 2Nd Commandment is "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image" why do Christians wear crosses, Have statues and make films with Jesus' graven image on them?

7. Jesus Loves? - If Jesus loves why did he say "I will kill her children. Then all the churches will know that I am the one who searches hearts and minds." in Revelation 2:23. Is Jesus really a child killer?

8. Allegory - The bible states that the Earth is between 6,000 and 8,000 years old, that it was created in 7 days, and that Man is made of dirt and Woman a piece of Man. The modern church says this is allegory. Where does it say in the bible that it is allegory?

9. Witch trials, Inquisitions and crusades - Historians estimate the total number of people executed in the name of Jesus is as high as 15 million (mostly Jews, "witches" and pagans). How does it feel knowing that Jesus is responsible for 3 times as many deaths as Hitler?

10. The only real SIN. - In Mark 3:29 it says "but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin". Is it true that paedophiles and child killers can be forgiven and get in to heaven but disbelievers can't?

11) So there was Adam and Eve (the only two people).. and Eve had Cain and Able... both boys ... and then Cain killed Abel, and left for Nod after his punishment right?

Well, the next verse after that is

And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.

12)Was his wife his sister?

13)Where the hell did she come from?

And if she somehow was his waayyy younger sister...

14)Was Enoch retarded?

15)Did Cain get in trouble for possible statutory rape?

16)Did God wait to make inbred children retarded until the Earth was saturated?

2. I'm not sure if there were any statutes concerning rape at that point in time.

3. I would love to see this posted on the christian forum. Check it out for a good laugh.

4. If you really want answers, google them, there are several explanations for each point.

5. good questions. sorry to see lazy "Christians" dodging like usual.

6. Lazy? He's the one who copy and pasted something off of another forum, if he really wants the answers he can google them.

7. So you're accusing the guy of plagiarism now. When you do that, you should prove it.

8. Read his previous posts, if you cant figure it out then its obvious that you arent as wise as you think.

9. If can't understand how your accusation calls for the basic respect of proving the accusation, you aren't as humble, smart, or tolerant as you think. Without any proof, it's just libel, and you look like a jerk for doing it.

10. #10 Kush Lord, Jul 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2012
  11. OP, if that ain't you, you should cite your source when doing this. One simple step between plagiarism and citation.

Just like there's one simple step between libel and accusation.

If anyone would like to answer any of those questions I'd like to see it.

12. If you honestly want to know these answers and not just trying to bash people for what they believe, why don't you print out your OP and go ask a pastor or someone who can really answer your sincere inquiries?

13. Firstly, I'm not that motivated. Effort. Secondly, I don't want a canned overcooked response. No form letter reply thanks. Third, I want the person explaining the answers to be actually engaging in thought while it's happening. This is generally what I like to inspire in people, so that's kinda selfish and I apologize for that but I'll prefer it anyway.

14. Postal, let's see if you can prove you can chill for a couple posts.

15. I want to know these answers as well. I'm heavily agnostic, so I don't get into religious arguments, I just want to know these answers.

I don't want to see an argument either. Can't you guys contain your opinions for 1 thread? I want to see these questions answered in non-shitstorm fashion.

16. OP most of those questions are based on strawmen, literal interpretation and the complete disregard for lingual and cultural mistranslations. So it's quite hard to answer questions that are flawed in themselves..

17. NdYn

1) God doesn't hate anyone? He tests people to see if they can stay faithful to him in such a short life, so they can either be rewarded or punished for a much longer time

2) Thats not what Mat. 5:17-18 says. Its Jesus talking to the pharasies (spelling?) telling them he came to fulfill previous prophecies

3) The eye of a needle was a pass through some mountains that was hard to get through. And the rich people back then were much meaner back then and cruel like Caesar and Hareod

4) Yes, he did. As I said before, God tests people, and also.if there weren't things to thin down population the world would be overcrowded and everybody would suffer

5) Men voted on which books should be "the Bible". Anybody that has a good Christian reputation can write a book and claim God told them to, but man did the best they could to put together the good ones and separate the bad

6) While I dont think its right to wear a cross, I would call it a sin. People dont use a cross to worship God, but as a reminder that he is always with them

7) You took that out of context. That whole section of Revelations is a metaphor, not talking about someone named Jezebel. But God/Jesus will punish peoole during the end of the world

8) I didnt know the modern church calls this allegory? I most certainly dont, and neither do the Christians I know, but many denominations are different and all.of them cant be right, but I've never really heard that

9) It doesnt feel bad at all, because Jesus isnt responsible for those deaths. Early Catholic extremists are

10) Here ya go, they explain it better than I would: What is blasphemy against the Holy Ghost?

11) This answers all your questions about the generations after Adam and Eve:
    Adam and Eve had other children than Cain and Abel, but yes, his wife was probably his sister. But Enoch wasn't retarded. Having a child with your siblibg only increases tge chances of having a retarded baby. But God wasnt going to allow them to.have a retarded baby and ruin the beginning of man. And there were no rape laws, and it would probably be consensual. And he probably did wait to make retarded babies, or there were quite a few retarded babies running around that the Bible doesnt mention

18. #18 LaCurandera, Jul 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
    Matthew 5:17-18
    17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."

That says nothing about obeying the commandments word to word. That makes your question based on a strawman, an intentional misinterpretation. Well done, sir.

The passage means that Jesus wasn't there to discredit the Old Testament (capitalised 'law' is a synonyme to the Old Testament), but to fulfill the authority and many of the prophecies presented in it. Which He very much did.

I hope you're kidding with this one. Those who seek to become rich for themselves are bearing an idol. Money. And the Bible states it clearly, that the lust for wealth is the root of all evil. Most TV evangelists are also liars on top of this.

See, people have this thing called free will. And many use it to decieve others.

AIDS came from men having sex with apes. The origins of cancer date back thousands of years, that's all that can be said about it.

"Good christians" are not some special beings. The whole point is that whatever may happen to our flesh, the spirit can never die out. Whether you're a "good" Bodhisatva or a Hindi, your life won't be all laughter and walking on rose petals. Claiming otherwise would be simply idiotic.

Apart from the many lingual and cultural mistranslations cumulating from hundreds of years? Different sources have made different translations from many different languages. It's quite natural to end up in various phrasings of the same verses.

If man edits the Bible by adding or removing scripture, well, he's acting on his own will. Which again, in many cases works to corrupt.

Another intentional misinterpretation. If you're serious about these questions, why do you insult your own intelligence?

The second commandment is about not bearing idols, false-gods.

You're making a fool out of yourself. You're actually taking that one phrase out of the context of the entire letter to the congregation of Thyatira, and asking if Jesus is a child-killer, and being serious about it?!

If you had spent even a second actually trying to figure out what it's about, you wouldn't even be asking this extremely irrelevant question.. The beginning of the letter is addressed to the people of Thyatira, admonishing them for tolerating and accompanying a woman named Jezebel. And if you study the origins of that name, you'll begin to understand that rather than being a person, she is a figurative of some sort.

You're once again drifting for another strawman.
    I'll need a quote for the statement about Earth being 6000-8000 years old.

2. Peter 3:8
    “Beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day”

This verse means that for God time is very vague. So 7 days can be literally anything from 7 days to 80 million years or even decades.

How exactly did Jesus conduct these sick works of human free will?
    Where exactly did Jesus tell his followers to murder people?

Secondly, it is obvious that you have little to no clue about who ordered the crusades in the first place.

No it is not true. Another strawman.
    No one who does not repent and make amends is forgiven.

19. #19 Postal Blowfish, Jul 9, 2012
    Really special reasoning happening in here tonight. Let's look at the rest of this passage.

19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

So that basically seems to tell us that, sure, you can ignore those commandments... if you want to be the scum of heaven. I presume that being looked down upon forever is some kind of punishment to be avoided (never mind the special irony in that). And also it then says the opposite. If you follow the laws to the letter you are the coolest motherfucker around. So this is like a Buddy Jesus way of saying to follow the commandments. And that's right after Jesus tells you about how the old stuff can't be forgotten now that he's fulfilled prophecy, and he includes the laws in this specifically - not one stroke of one letter should be discarded.

It seems to me that an intentional misinterpretation is to take all of that and interpret it to mean "you're cool without the old laws."

Think I'll wait and see how you handle this before I task the rest of it.

20. #20 CrossGore, Jul 9, 2012
    for number four, i don't know what to say... i mean i TRY to be a good christian but no ones perfect (bible says Jesus still loves us).... but i also believe in Evolution to an extent... i mean caterpillars turn into a butterflies (How the fuck does that happen) ...i think diseases are just a very small portion of evolution. but in the end, the good book says one thing... "Faith".. Maybe god created all this so you would ask these questions and tempt yourself... Who knows... it's just some old scrolls found in the mountains...!

Sorry guys i am REALLY stoned....

Really stoned. :smoking:

But as for the Inbred thing, number 16... that's a good question, everyone in the bible is like makin' babies with there cousins and families, but if we do that, they just... don't come out right. i think A TON of people were special in the biblical period!