Few questions first grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Garth09, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Whats up growers, needing a little help please.

Ive bought this kit off ebay and im wondering if its fine to use this canna coco pebble mix in normall pots from seedling to flower and not in hydro? Ive been doing abit of reading on canna and some say its only for hydro is this correct?
    Ive got a 50L bag 60% coco coir 40% clay pebbles.

Also has anyone used this rhizopots?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252399691670

Im planning on growing about 3-4 plants under the 400w

Any help is appreciated

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. ummmmmm sir with the medium your running your going to be in "Hydroponics Drain Too Waste" CoCo IS NOT SOIL and it WILL NEVER BE SOIL you dont EVER TREAT COCO LIKE SOIL!!! DONT DO IT you will get deficiency's in flower fkn trust me!!!!!
    so yeah your buckets and medium look great if you plan too run hydroponics drain too waste, remember hydro doesnt mean having a recirculating system with net pots and air stones chillers etc!!!! your in hydro with that medium brother your in drain too waste hydro so welcome to the hydro growers club!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks man! So do you reccomend me getting some propper soil and ditching the coco?

• Like Like x 1
  4. also if your on a budget! thats not a bad setup! honestly if you can afford that setup on ebay buy it and move on up after your first grow! the only downer is a core and coil ballast they rock due to being virtualy indisctructable and they dont blow up your MH's as often as digitals doo but for umole output brother a digital will always emit photons within the par nm range under a ultra high photon flux densitiy

5. im honestly setting up a COCO grow atm due to my friend who grows commercially having TOPSHELF results with ULTRA HIGH yields!!! so honestly i would recommend CoCo but its hard on beginners because its a hydroponic medium and should be treated like so,
    for example with soil you wait for your container too dry out before you water again to avoid over watering etc and in soil you dont need too feed every watering
    in coco my friends lights turn on at 9 pm he feeds EVERY DAY once at 12am once at 3am once at 6 am all under 1.5/1.6 EC in flower and then his lights turn off at 9am every feeding is a 1 liter feeding in 3 gallon buckets if he doesnt feed 3 times every single day with full strength nutrients he gets deficiency's in flower!

• Like Like x 1
  6. also organic soil grows are ALOT cheaper then Hydroponic Synthetic Grow's so keep that in mind

7. Thanks for the info guys! So with me being at work most of the day and wont be there to water all the time and i really dont want to fck things up im going to get some organic soil.

So wil normall soil be ok to use with these rhizopots ?
    Also will i need new nutes? ive got the cann a + b and pk 13/14 for flowering

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. OH FUCK! you already bought the CoCo Nutrients? if they are coco specific nutrients and you want the best end result in soil then yes you need new nutrients!
    also in coco you can get away with only watering or feeding one time a day or once every other day depending how big your transplant into flower, but for this each plant would have to be in a 7-10 gallon pot MINNIMUM!

• Like Like x 1
  9. ALSO the PK 13/14 you can KEEP even in soil its a heavy PK bloom booster for the flowering stage so thats good but any CoCo specific nutrients you need to swap out if your going to roll soil

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yeah got it all in a kit off ebay

So im just going to get some differant soil and nutes then i should be good to go lol

Thanks for the help j2

11. Thats what i was thinking thanks again for the help, do you recomend any good soils i can get in the uk? Ive read the best thing is to stick to organic soils?

12. So is this an actuall soil for use in pots? Sorry for sounding a noob just starting up haha! Thanks again. How many plants would you recommend in my tent space with my light? And have you ever used these rhizopots?