Few questions before I start my grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TheJiveTurkey, Feb 25, 2006.

1. I posted this in the hydro section... thre days ago, and not one responce. So don't be mad that I doubvle posted, but I want to get my grow started, and I need this shit awnsered before I start.

Im planning on doing a 5 gallon hydro bucket grow, and had a few questions...

1. At what period do I take the geo cube with my baby in it, and actualy put the thing in my grow net in the bucket? And when I do, do I immidiately throw the bubbler on, and do I use nutes, or just plain water at first?

2. Where should my water levels be threwout the grow? From sprout, and in veg, and in flowering, what should the water levels be?

3. As far as changing nutes, and flushing the plant, how often should I renew my nutes, and how often do I flush with clean water? Also, what is topping off? Im assuming its adding water to maintain water levels, right? If thats the case do I topp off with clean water, or with teh same nutrient solution thats already in teh bucket?

4. and finally... When I switch from sprout nutes, to veg nutes, to flower nutes, do I let the system run with clean water for a few days or something? Then switch the nutes? or do I simply run clean water to clean the bucket out, then add new nutes.

5. Also are there any tips anyone has on things i should NEVER DO, or things i should ALWAYS DO, that arnt that ovious, or that are ovious and im just stupid haha.

Any suggestions help, THANKS!!! :smoking:
    \t\t \t\t \t\t \t\t \t\t \t\t\t \t\t\t \t\t\t\t[​IMG]

2. My posts aint gettin n e love... how come?

3. Hey man, I do not know much about hydro but, I wanted to answer your post so you don't get discouraged. I think that the people here on Grass City must all have jobs because sometimes it takes some time for people to answer. Just be patient and someone will answer your questions. Meanwhile, consider doing a search on this BB and you might want to pick up a book on the subject. Good luck and be patient. They will answer.

4. 1. Im not exactly sure what you mean because i dont know what type of setup your even using but if its DWC bubbler, usually people place the cubes in the nets /w rock when the clones are ready.. and since this is your first grow i dont think you have clones.. so how are you going to get them rooted in the cubes in the first place? you wont end up needin em until they're ready to flower unless your bucket is under a floro.

2. I've never done a dwc but I remember reading the water level generally doesnt matter i'd say like 3 inches below the bottom of the net? Anyone whos done dwc can answer this better.

3. depends on how big the bucket is.. i'd say every week to be safe maybe every 2 weeks, it shouldnt MATTER if you accidently skip but you dont want root rot and about topping.. thats clipping your buds to make more budsites..some people think it increases yeild.

4. no idea

5. make sure light doesnt penetrate the bucket. neds to be completely light proof.. root rot.

5. MY FIRST AWNSER... haha thanks alot man! ive been looking around and i think your right the water level doesnt really matter, it has some room for preference. And topping... its a trainging, ic. Is there any method of adding water to the rez to keep water level before the nute change? If so does it have a name, and like i said before do I use clean water or water with the same nute solution already in the rez?