Few questions before I start Growing

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Castemere, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Hey Im 19 and recently got the idea of growing, Because Most of the people I know are pot heads. And I'd make a huge profit, and I've been planning this growing thing for about a month. And i keep thinking this will be easy but i doubt it. Im trying to figure out the things I would need, The things I know I already need is

•CFL lights + Bulb extension for hanging it on the wall
    •Nutrients Im planning to use is General Hydroponics Flora Series QT
    •Fan
    •PH meter

Things that im confused on using

•PH water or something to balance the pH level

Also I don't know if I should use the hydroponics (DWC) Deep Water System with clay pebbles or a soil mix that uses 100% coco and perlite.
    (Im growing Indoor) Also I want to know if I can just put the cannabis seed into the clay pebbles right away and let it grow down the pebbles.And another question i have is if i use the DWC system What do I have to put in the water nutrients or water. And if Im using soil Do i have to water it with normal water or just nutrients when its a seed and still growing. And if i use soil do i start watering it with normal water when its still a seedling and growing and when do i use nutrients for soil plants. As you can see Im confused on a few things. If you guys could help me out that would be greatly appreciated, Also if you have any tips for me as a starter, I would need it.

Additional Information - Im growing in a closet so I cant Have any sort of filter, filtering the smell So i have to grow it grow it quickly. Also Im going to use Afghan Kush because I want to use starter seeds that yield a lot and don't take long to grow. Also if anyone has tips to help the plant yield more and be healthier please include that.

2. you will need a carbon filter otherwise your whole house will stink like crazy

I would recommend soil for your first grow. get the basics learned before moving to hydro. you will have enough to learn about the plant without having extra to learn.

most store bought soils will be too high in nutrients so either mix your soil 50/50 with coco fibre, peat moss or get some low nutrient soil. whatever you get mix in a third worth of perlite to aerate it and allow it to drain better

as far as fertilisers go only use them when the plants need it. this will be around 5 weeks with most soils
    . use a quarter strength to start with and move on to half strength when they get bigger. very rarely will you be using it at full strength. only if the the plants are huge, perfect health and growing really fast

most people either feed/water/feed/water or feed/water/water/feed/water/water.
    wait until the soil is very dry before watering, and when watering flood the soil well so you get some run off.

keep the CFLs close to the plants and always keep a fan blowing on them, so the leaves are fluttering