Few Q's

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ChiefFuzzyNutts, Nov 21, 2011.

1. #1 ChiefFuzzyNutts, Nov 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2011
    I'll get some pics up here soon as my phone charges up.

First time grow:

My baby is 5 weeks and 4 days into flowering.
    Unknown strain ( looks saliva-ish )
    Under 250w 8u CFL with a few regular 60watt CFL's on side
    Had 4 feedings of ProGro ( last feeding was almost 2 weeks ago. Just been water since) * during flowering*
    Resting in a 5 gal bucket of FFOF
    Sex: female
    3 feet tall , give or take
    Looks healthy
    Feels healthy

I have a few concerns:
    ( I search in-depth for answers before I post on GC )

- she stopped stretching about a week or two ago, completely... I'm pretty sure it's okay... She was a little over 1.5 feet when I turned her to 12/12. So she just about doubled in height in 3 or so weeks of flowering.

- the buds seem to be getting fatter, hard to tell. the bud sites are just crazy looking. It honestly looks much better than what I thought she could put out. Long white hairs everywhere!!! And a lot more sites than I originally thought. Don't know if it's typical or I just did a kick ass job! Haha

-( I gotta pick up a scope here soon to start checking the trichs. )

- there is very little, to no, "crystals" anywhere. I have read many of reasons why this could be... Some people say heat, some people say it could be strain related, some say it'll start to "frost" up after maybe week 6. Also heard that it doesn't seem to make a difference in quality of smoke, just trimmings would be insufficient to make hash, space cake, etc.

- and long story short, I was dumb and changed my timer to 11/13 about a week ago, then changed my mind again and decided I just wanted to rock the recommended 12/12 ( all in the same night) and when I went to change it back I moved the timer back an hour and didn't realize it till the next morning. (ex. 8am/8pm and now it's 7am/7pm

Any input would be appreciated...

2. this is fine they will stop stretching at some point during flowering.
    prob a bit of both, don't get over confident yet though.
    would not worry about this too much, some strains are not very crystally, and yes there seems to be a period of frosting.
    should not make a bit of difference, in nature they have a ever changing light schedule, shifting your start stop time by an hour will not hurt anything.

3. [quote name='"Mixted"']
    this is fine they will stop stretching at some point during flowering.

prob a bit of both, don't get over confident yet though.

would not worry about this too much, some strains are not very crystally, and yes there seems to be a period of frosting.

should not make a bit of difference, in nature they have a ever changing light schedule, shifting your start stop time by an hour will not hurt anything.[/quote]

Thank you for your feedback Mixted. Much appreciated