few qestions from a newbe

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by johngp66, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Hi all can any of you out there tell me what sort of yeild you get of the Lowryder #2 plants as cant find any info on this ..the other question is im going to want a timer to turn on and of when at work or on a 7 day cycle or longer if possible so can any of you recomend one
    Reading on this site about when you go to 12 /12 is there material i can bye to put around my door to stop all light so in complete darkness ..well it all seems a little trickey but im sure after a little practice and some advice from you guys i will get there in the end..one last thing im growing in soil so i see alot of people put little white stones in the soil i understand why but can any of you tell me the name of them please.. any advice/help is very greatful
    Regards John

2. lowriders are very small autoflowering plants they yeild very little bud
    timers can be found at wal-mart home depot etc
    home depot will also sell stuff to seal doors look in the door section lol

3. As doc stated, lowryders are small auto flowering plants. However, if done correctly it is possible to yield up to around one ounce per plant. Since it is auto flowering, it is suggested that you run 20 hours of light, and 4 hours of complete darkness for best results. They sell many products at lowes and wal mart to seal the bottom crack of a door and what not. Timers can be purchased at wal mart for less than 10 dollars. The timers are measured by 24 hours, not weekly, so all you have to do is set it so it will be on for 20 hours of light, and 4 hours of darkness (if growing lowryders). As long as that timer is set for that setup, everyday it will repeat the cycle. The small white spec's that you see in others' soil is called perlite. It is mixed into the soil to help with drainage so that water does not build up at the bottom of the pot which causes root rot. Even when adding perlite, make sure to buy pots with drainage holes in the bottom in order to make sure you get that access water out of there. Hope all of this helps and good luck with your first grow!