Few bubbler questions??

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by SIKNESS, Apr 2, 2009.

1. I am looking to buy a bubbler and just have a few nooby questions.

Do you constantly have to hold your lighter against the weed as you toke or can you stop after a bit??

How much weed should be put in, when i smoke joints i can only make 2 or 3 decent sized ones out of a $20 bag how much would i get out of a bubbler and how much should i put in on each go??

How do you know when to empty the weed out and replace it with some more??

Why do you have to cover the carb and then uncover it for each hit??

And am i right in thinking you should put about an inch of water in??

I know there are a lot of nooby questions but i just want to be clear, thanks in advance.
    SIKNESS

2. here's how you do it. first hold your bubbler with your thumb over the carb in one hand.
    bring it up and put it in your mouth.
    hold the lighter above the bowl.
    light the light and try to make your pull pull the flame into the bowl.
    when the bowl cherries up as much as you want it to remove the lighter
    keep toking until just before it's too much
    take your finger off the carb and keep pulling to clear the chamber
    hold the hit for 5s
    exhale
    repeat

alternately you can also take hits in which you use the carb to take a little hit take some air more smoke air until your lungs are full

3. Sup m8 ,you high? :)

Do you constantly have to hold your lighter against the weed as you toke or can you stop after a bit??
    ---You only need to light the weed if it ain't on fire. So it will depend on your weed, if it burns good or worse, if its dry / moist.
    Mixing with some tobacco will help burning for sure, but you may not like it

How much weed should be put in, when i smoke joints i can only make 2 or 3 decent sized ones out of a $20 bag how much would i get out of a bubbler and how much should i put in on each go??
    --- You load as much weed into the bowl as you want to, k ?

How do you know when to empty the weed out and replace it with some more??
    --- When all the weed in your bowl is burnt it is time to replace it / stop toking and begin chilling

Why do you have to cover the carb and then uncover it for each hit??
    --- If you dont cover the carb, you will only be sucking fresh air in through the carb, instead of the lovely smoke from the bowl
    You uncover the carb at the end of each hit to "Clear the chamber", to pull out all the smoke thats inside the pipe

And am i right in thinking you should put about an inch of water in??
    --- You should have enough water to cover the stem by ½ to 1 inch

4. thanks a lot for the answers that has helped a lot (Y)