Ferts and Soil

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by reveen420, Apr 25, 2007.

1. I am going to grow for my first time and it is going to be 8 california orange plants in spring and am wondering how much ferts, how often, and what kind and how much do I use. I would also like to know about what soil I should use since I am going to bring my own soil to the site. And how can I get a nice big yield. I read on one website that if I do everything right I can get a pound of buds off of each plant, is this true? And if so, what do I gotta do? And also what is the growth stage of the plant? is it when the plant is sprouting or flowering or in between?

2. pound off each plant is to easy shot for around 3 or 4 lol. for a first grow u might get an O depnds on how u take care of it how much light how long u veg and other stuff.

i would suggest you read grow guides and research more shit before you do anything

3. I have read many guides I just dont really know what theyre talking about I need a clearer explanation. What is veg? Can you just answer my questions please? I am not trying to be rude, I just wanna know. An oz. a plant would be fine for me I am not really heavy smoker and I am not selling. How can I get an O a plant. Also, what exactly is training and veg? I dont know about any of these techniques and would like to know before I begin. Ill post my last post as a reminder of what I would love to know.

I am going to grow for my first time and it is going to be 8 california orange plants in spring and am wondering how much ferts, how often, and what kind and how much do I use. I would also like to know about what soil I should use since I am going to bring my own soil to the site. And how can I get a nice big yield. I read on one website that if I do everything right I can get a pound of buds off of each plant, is this true? And if so, what do I gotta do? And also what is the growth stage of the plant? is it when the plant is sprouting or flowering or in between?

4. Veg is the stage the plant is in before flower, if your outside you can't really control this stage. You need a higher nitrogen fert compared to P and K during flower is the opposite higher P ann K lower N.Outside if you give it enough light with proper care it should be easy to get an ounce.

5. Again dont wanna seem like an a*sshole but what exactly is proper care and what exactly can i do to get like an ounce. Sorry for all the questions. What ferts do I use and when and how much and how much do i mix with water and what is the growth stage. I really dont wanna shittay yield. I wanna know exactly what to do.

6. Your what is growth stage question doesn't make sense.What growth stage germination ,veg,flower?proper care is feeding it right and watering if it gets too dry and good soil with organic matter drainage etc. most people start at low fert dosages(depends on what ferts you want to use you decide) because MJ can be sensitive then up the dosage to 1/2. Plants basically take care of themselves if you give them good soil,nutes,water, and light.There's also a search button at the top all your questions have already been answered.

7. All I really wanna know is what soil to use, how much fertilizer to use, and when, and what kinds at what stage of growth. Like what is the best ferts to use, best soil, and what do you mean by half of a dosage? I don't know much about this. I just wanna know what to do to have a good yield of an ounce or more.

8. All of this is really an an opinion of what's best and really up to you fox farms,black gold,pro mix, or miracle grow organic choice all have been used as good soil, if you want to make your own here's some recipes for soilhttp://www.onlinepot.org/grow/goodsoil.htm. Fox farm,pure blend,advanced nutrients,manures,bone meal,guano etc have all been used it's up to you what you want to use these are just examples there'a s a lot more.Directions are on the bottle, say it says 1 tespoon per gallon of water you would put 1/2 tspn. for half dose.

9. Ok thx man that helps quite a bit. So what will kill seedlings if transplanting outdoors? Could I just sprout them in paper cups then put covers on them and put em in a backpack? Or is it better to just plant the seed in the ground. Also, how often/when should I fertilize like every 2 weeks? And when should I start fertilizing? When should I stop fertilizing? So what would YOU recommend as a good fertilizer and what would be a good dosage to start with for that fertilizer? And should I give the seedlings MG instead of ferts.

10. Start with any organic soil mix. For indoor grows I use:
    40% organic potting soil
    30% sphagnum moss
    20% worm castings
    10% perlite

MJ's entire life cycle is the "growth stage." There are two main phases - vegitative, in which the plant grows out branches, thickens up, and prepares for adulthood, and then flowering, which is sexual maturity during which buds appear. The transition from one to the other is triggered by extended periods of dark, that's why you can't control it for an outdoor grow. As Summer progresses the days get shorter and nights longer it signals to the plant that Autumn is coming so time to get fertile (this change is manipulated for indoor grows). For an outdoor grow you probably will start to see flowering in late July, give or take.

During these two different stages the plant's nutritional needs are different, so you need two basic kinds of ferts. For veg you can use "all purpose" ferts, make sure that the first of the three numbers (NPK) is equal to or higher than the others, such as 20-20-20 or 23-4-12, etc. That first number is nitrogen (N), needed during vegitative growth. For flowering you can use any over-the-counter fert that says it is made for blooming. This should be lower in N and higher in P (phosphorous), and the K (potassium, don't ask) could be low, mid or high depending on the formulation. Do not get ferts made for plants that prefer acidic soil. Start ferts at 1/4 recommended strength then slowly build up from there. When you start to see flowering it would be best to run a lot of water through the soil to flush away the built up vegging nutes, but that is hard to do with an outdoor grow.

Hope this helps.

11. Thanks man you answered all of my questions. But which way is better? Transplanting or just planting the seed in the ground? If transplant, what is the best way to do it if you don't have a car? And how much does the ferts and mix usually cost in total?