fertilizer

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by litol420, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Just got a question if y'all wouldn't mind helping me with. I'm a first time grower and my plant is big enough to start fertilizing. I'm using miracle grow (the blue crystallized) do I add it directly to the plant or do I mix it in with the water. IV followed the directions and got a batch made up. Not to sure on how much of the solution to use. Do I treat it like I'm watering and soak or just a little bit goes a long way? Thank you in advanced

ForumRunner_20130218_142141.png

2. What soil are you using. You could feed, but she looks happy, and content at the moment. If you can get your hands on something besides MG. It will work, but there are much better products out there. There should be directions on the box of fertilizer, and yes soak just like watering. Only feed every other watering though.

3. Currently that is peatmoss and perlite

4. Good. that will work well for you. Hard to tell from pics you know.

5. Awesome. Thanks for the help

6. Another question. Does feeding replace watering because it has water in it or do I still need to water?

7. #7 Thicken Dense, Feb 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2013
    How do you know? If your plant looks healthy (it does) then don't fuck with it. Giving it miracle gro won't make it grow any faster or bigger, it's a combination of grow conditions that does that. Increasing their nutrients is just one part of it.

8. If you can get your hands on something besides MG. It will work, but there are much better products out there.

Well if that isn't the understatement of the century....nasty ass poison is more like it...

J

9. MG is too strong. I was thinking they could handle a little 1/2 strength but it was just too much. Even the larger plants show damage.

Using 1/6 to 1/4 strength is OK but not every watering.

On other plants the same solution did not cause damage.

MJ seems to be sensible against it. Or they put something in it to scorch MJ.

I would advice against it if you don't want scorched leaves and dead plants.

I did not even use 1/4 cup for 1 Ltr. Water distributed among many plants. 2 are nearly dead now.

10. I don't recommended MG at all, not even a little bit.

11. [quote name='"litol420"']Another question. Does feeding replace watering because it has water in it or do I still need to water?[/quote]

It replaces watering. Feed when you would normally water, just add nutes if they are water soluble.