Fertilizer tea basic

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by seedling4life, Apr 24, 2008.

1. I've been looking for some info. on how to make your own fertilizer tea but have found nothing helpful..
    Can someone please explain the basics when making tea..
    thanks

2. Hey man, I;ve been looking into this as well for my organic soil grow.

www.hg420.com has a great forum like GC but also has an Organic/Compost section with alot of really great info on it. Check out this link:

http://www.hg420.com/showthread.php?t=34363

(you''ll have to register to see pics like on GC)

3. I just finished reading it, great info..
    thanks

Does anyone know if this will work ok for tea(flowering):
    Worm humus
    Fish emultion
    Molasses
    bone meal

4. im also trying to stay organic what is Fertilizer Tea just ferts mad from tea or what?

Edit: i just read the link from dt3ks i get it now
    but how long can you keep it around if you mix up 5 gallons and only use it every 3rd watering...
    and do you keep the fish tank pump running during the whole brew
    then to keep it around would you have to keep it pumping air through it seems like you would need to to keep the oxygen in the water to keep it alive

so yea do i got that right you wouldn't be able to brew up 5 gallons and then store it in some jugs to use over time

5. I was about to ask the same questions.
    There has to be a way of storing it, or maybe you can keep it for a week or so; I know they sell bottled tea like this in stores..
    I already made my first batch, and they loved it.....
    Also they say that the foam appears after 24 hours or more, well mine had foam after 1 hour, is that normal or maybe something else....

6. From what I've read about it you need to store the tea in it's own res with an air pump and every now and then throw in something like Molasses to feed the bacteria. I forget the details but I do believe it can be done.

7. Yes those are great ingredients for a Organic tea but I would replace the bone meal with Bat Guano and you are set.

5 gallons water

2 cups bat guano

2 cups worm castings

1 cup fish emulsion

1/4 cup molasses

mix all of theses ingredients together shake well and aerate with a fish pump and air stone for 12 hours minimum, shake well before pouring then feed plants every 5-7 days for Veg and every 2-3 days for flower.

This tea can be brewed in large batches and stored in a cool dark place sealed tightly it will keep for 3 weeks to a month at most if you leave out the fish emulsion and add it later right before feeding.

8. Thank you Hashmouf I appreciate it...

I can't find bat guano here, I was lucky to find bone meal, I haven't seen any recepies that use bone meal, is it ok to use this or any reasons why you wouldn't use it?
    Great to know I can just add the fish emultion before watering, that stuff stinks...

Are there any smells I should worry about when making tea? last time it smelled kind of fermented, close to rancid after 48hours, I don't know if thats normal..

Can I store this inside the fridge?