Fertilizer question? Blood meal

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by RealEyesRealizeRealLies, Nov 16, 2008.

1. I have three plants that are under 4 CFLs (not sure what wattage) and I am on day 13 of my grow. They are about 4-5 inches tall and I am going to transplant them into 3 gallon pots with miracle grow all purpose planting soil with time released nutes (up to 3 months). I just bought Vigoro brand blood meal (12-0-0) and I heard this is a good organic fertilizer. My questions are when should I start using it, how much should I use, and how often?? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. please don't kill your plants by putting them in miracle gro. especially the one with time release nutes.

3. I used to use MG potting soil back in the day, but it looks like Scotts has changed the composition.

The fertilizer in MG is:
    Fertilizer Analysis

\t\t\t\t0.21 - 0.07 - 0.14

Blood meal is a great source of nitrogen but it will burn the plants if you're not careful. I mix a tablespoon full of bone meal and one of blood meal into the soil before planting. Don't use too much and mix it in good and you should be fine.