fending off deer rabbits etc..

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by kushblunts17, Mar 26, 2015.

1. I am more than likely going to dig holes fill them.. But my question is if I got one of those metal wire things they use for tomatoes and peppers. (The cone looking stake thing) I think it's called a panacea. If I used one of those on my seedlings and saran wrapped it till it gets a little bigger would that work? Cause starting outdoors with seeds is very dangerous.. Lol lost many autos due to seedling eating pests!!!

I know scent marking with pee and planting marigold and moth balls and all that but I need to be sure nothing can get to my seedlings. Starting them indoors isn't really an option and I can't get a greenhouse

Thanks

2. If anybody can have access to your plants then my suggestion is not to grow. To really grow some art you need hard work and dedication....:mellow:

3. I'm not worried about people actually. I just need to check the spot to see if anybody actually goes back there but I'm just worried about deer's and rabbits.. I mean I'm in Ohio so in a city and not a rural area there isn't many private wood spots and such. Yanno

4. Is marijuana legal in Ohio?

5. Nope.. Only decriminalized. Its trying to be put on the ballot for rec. And med. Use we need 385,000 signatures

6. Don't waste your time, study the art of growing indoors and get ready to grow when it's legal. Don't break the law unless you want to go to jail over weed and get laughed at.... :rolleyes:

7. Ehh cops don't really look for outdoor grows around here. Only had indoor busts. At least that I've heard of. But I can't do indoor nowhere to do. Tried once in a dresser it was decent. By outdoors is my game. I have a small spot I can use that I did last year but not big enough for 17 plants. Maybe 4

8. This is a worldwide marijuana grow forum and you're bleating on about laws? There is nothing immoral about growing some weed outdoors so why tell him not to grow?. 

growing amongst bramble and other thorny plants can keep many animals away. I grow up in the mountains so rabbits aren't an issue for me. I grow in dense fern fields and nothing eats fern and its tough to walk through so most pests aren't an issue for me. Perhaps you could do with better placement? 

Your idea about the frame and food wrap may work, but it might make some animals more inquisitive. I have never tried that approach myself because it would stand out to other humans. Those are the biggest pest of them all 

9. There's been incidence where some people on this forum already been arrested for growing marijuana. I'm just advising everyone to becareful before you involved yourself with a criminal record just for growing... >_>