femminized seeds

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by magestik63, Mar 26, 2011.

1. so i am trying to pop a feminized jack herer seed using the paper towel method. but its not popping?

its been about 4 days and nothing. the other seed i started the same time is already in a cube outside.

should i start another and waste this one?

2. keep tryin be patient get the temp up some say 75 f

3. Some seeds have harder cases than others and sometimes might need a longer period of time.

Remember to refresh the water and clean container etc every few days, can get mold and crap like that going in there

4. you can scrape the seed a little on a match striker or some fine sandpaper to allow water penetration. i would try to have the temp near 80F.

5. #5 clodhopper, Mar 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2011
    Sativa seeds always take longer than indicas but Hashich's advice was critical. Cannabis germinates between 72 and 80 degrees farenheit, but optimum is 76. Below 72 and its a no show. Sativa seeds such as jherrer may take 6 days at 72. 4 days at 76

You risk drowning the seed if its in standing water after 4 days. Make sure your papertowels are moist, not wet/soaked and get them in a warm enviroment - to 76 degrees asap. .

You have a seed of the most potent marijuana available on the retail seed market. Outdoors, ive had plants yield 3lbs of smoke. Huge plant with a kick ass punch. Her fine herb will sweat the newb smoker and lay them down with a cool damp clothe on their forhead.

I hope she pops for you.