Feminized seeds over reg?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by McCheez, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Okay guys and gals, this being my OFFICIAL second post. To start (great answers from the first thread by the way), I have searched and haven't found anything recent nor helpful.

Well the thread title says it. From your experience buying from a vendor, what do you recommend?

I know most banks you would purchase from doesn't guarantee all females, even if you are spending the cash. Have you had a bust (found a male)? Worth the cost?

Lemme know.

Throw in your vendor you used, for reference please.

2. It's pretty safe to say you will get 50/50. This varies, but a pretty good estimate. Many people hate males and hate seeds. However, the way I look at it is if there is a good breeder who put in effort to breed a perfect strain, the males will generally have good pollen. I love getting a male from a potent strain. Then you can either breed with a female of the same strain and get free seeds without the hassle and cost of ordering seeds, or breed a completely new strain of your choice. It all comes down to what you do and what your preference is. If you grow to have seedless, quality smoke then femanized seeds are probably your best bet. If you like growing more for fun and experimenting with new things, then get regular!

3. What do u mean most banks doesn't guarantee all females?If u buy a female seeds they should be 99+% female I think,or some hermy(depend of the genetics and growing conditions.)Females are better-because u don't need to spend time and growing space to remoove the mails.Ofcourse if u want to make seeds will be nice to have a mail.But u need to carefuly use the polen.As any live being-animal plant or human our nature point of live is to grow,creat new generation and after that die.Same with MJ ur buds will grow and if they are plentiful polened,they will produce the seeds and die,won't grow more.The only point to buy regular seeds is there price and the option to creat ur own seed,but take note that if u make seed from same strain parents the next generation will worse the previous,becasue the breeders sellect the plants.They choose best female and male to make seeds,also looking for diferent genetics.(fast grow more branchy etc.)And 1 more thing to creat good seeds depend in what conditions u grow ur own plants.For ex-if u use alot ferilizer plants from new seeds can absorb more fertilizers.If ur parents plants grow in cold temperatures ur seeds will produice plants with low resist on hot temperatures...Just buy female seeds and GL!

4. i go fem....but people prefer reg....i am not a perpitual or mass grower. 1 or 2 plants, so that got to be ladies

5. I've had good luck with fem seeds from greenhouse I got ten 6 have been females now I have to Autos well see!

6. They was regular or femail seeds?I think green hous don't offer regular.

7. fem I don't remember if they had reg I got a five pack of cheese have one goon jute with pineapple skunk its not doin as good only germin though I'm impatient

8. Realy strange

9. yeah I found out that my seed was floating in the tray
    sitting in the corner in a little puddle instead of the root riot will see what happens I put her back in the cheese that is

10. Not for about 5-6 years now....

11. I bought about 20 feminized seeds from attitude seed bank and plan on growing them this year. It'll be my first time running seeds 3 yrs in a row I used clones just for the ease but I want to get the size of seeds this year.

Ive been dreading the seeds going hermie on me though, I've read a few things here and there about it but I just couldn't afford the space of putting out regular seeds that are 50/50.

It's a test year for me, but ill be kicking myself in the ass if my crop turns out full of seeds from a stray seed all because I'm too lazy to sex out regular seeds.

12. My medicine will be grown outdoors. I don't think I want to risk males, as i won't be able to check too often and may very well miss my sexing opportunity.
    My issue is female seeds are so damn expensive, though I am sure well worth it's weight in gold.

13. It's because after the strain hunters thing started they want to have a monopoly on those strains :mad: essentially they've gone and found stuff and made sure people can't make their own seeds

14. There is a lot more to it then that, but it is one of the reasons.