feminized seed prices

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by xxxjailbait420, Nov 4, 2013.

1. why are fem seed so spendy I just wanna grow my plants and not waste months of time growing plants to end up male because the good strains that have prices a normal budget can afford are regular genetics not female... the cheap fem seeds don't seem stable or reputable...

this really is just a rant that I needed to share with ppl who understand my pain

this all stems from my current grow it started with 4 plants and 3/4 ended up being male leaving me with one girl and no time to replace with any of my fem strains that I have in seed waiting to grow I just hate spending money time and time again on seeds

now I am rambling my bad guys thanks for looking I needed to get this off my chest

2. Like you said fems cost more because you don't have to mess about sexing them and wasting all that space, time and effort growing males. You can still clone them so they don't cost that much.

Fem strains from Femaleseeds and some strains from Sweet Seeds don't cost the earth and work well. Nirvana have some nice fem strains for cheap too but not all their strains are great.

3. yeahh unless you're planning on breeding, i'd just pay the little extra and get fems.

4. I agree with you guys on just spending extra get the fems it just sucks how much they are im kind of a cheap skate like that I don't understand the point of a ten pack of reg costing half of a 5 pack of fems depending on the strain

If you're a cheap skate then when not use regs for a few runs and make some seeds?

I like to buy seeds because I like to change strains often but I have some buddies who have not bought seeds for years, just make their own or grow clones.

6. ya I make seeds every couple three runs depends on the needs at the time it just gets annoying the success rate of those regs when I need to order more to change the gene pool up don't neeed no hillbilly style inbreed plants with snaggletooths and what not lol

7. Make some collodial silver and use it to make your own fem seeds , or take some clones and veg em as mothers untill its time to start your next grow

sent from behind all that smoke

8. I think fems are more expensive because of the preconceived notion that your are buying a "selfed" version of a clone only strain and dont need to worry about finding males or sifting through phenotypes like regular seeds. 

Personally i think its marketing more than anything. Most good breeders never sell fems because they know there is more chance of finding something super dank with regular seeds than with fems.

I like the variety of phenos found in regular seeds, as well as the ability to make f2's if you need to, and that opens up the genetic possibilities even more. 

Fems are good if you dont have alot of space or time to deal with male plants but every legit grower and breeder will tell you that the dankest stuff will be found in regular beans.

9. #9 guest/banned, Nov 6, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2013

Agree, all the best strains are regs only and most of the better breeders only work with regs.

Right now I just don't have the space for mother plants and cloning and I've still never made any seeds/strains or my own. Fems are alright if you don't want to grow males, its good enough for coffee shop weed. Plus there are so many strains out there to try.

Give me some Reservoir Diesel, DJ Shorts Blueberry or Mr Nice Black Widow though any day, all regs of course.

10. Fems are def. useful, and I have no-doubt found some dank from fem gear. 

I guess I like reg's for that chance of winning the genetic lottery, and finding those super recessive genes that just take things to the next level.  With fem's I feel like the offspring of a selfed plant rarely surpasses its parent, whereas plants grown from reg. beans are a bit more unique. 

11. #11 potty perry, Nov 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2013
    feminized pot seeds are worth the time, effort and money because unlike regular seeds, they do not come with males, so there is no pulling out or isolating them to prevent pollinaion from happening. all you need is to find and buy these fem seeds from a seed bank or seed breeder that genetically breed the fem strains.
    prices are usually higher than reg seeds but it's worth the money as long as you are getting quality one. bought a pack of Big Bud feminized seeds from mjseedscanada. had tried growing 4. no herm issues

Funny how lots of your post mention a certain seed bank.

13. That's where I ordered my seeds from and I'm happy with them. Should I mention more? 

14. Is it not permitted to do that?