Feminist rant

Discussion in 'Politics' started by freegirl420, May 25, 2009.

1. #61 BKKG, May 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2009
    If you had your war of men vs. women, who would cook your meals or wash your dirty fatigues :rolleyes:?

2. Shit... maybe after the war men will invent AI? Robots to do the cleaning?

Then we'd have a robot uprising and everyone would lose.

Damnit, it's a catch-22 for the men it would seem.

3. Good luck getting your Terminator unit into bed.

4. Bishōnen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Putting words in my mouth doesn't make them true, sexism and all these other silly prejudices are absolutely unnecessary. Dismiss them as valid and lead by example, why worry about someone else's problems when you still have yours to deal with?

Edit: Seems I didn't realize there was a fourth and fifth page yet. :p

5. Hey, if you have a male vs. female war who is going to give you some good old sexual satisfaction?

Only in the way a woman can.;)

6. I don't want to be condescending, but men and women are different, correct? I said that, from my perspective, most business models outside of the service industry require a hardline dominant approach to stay competitive, and that characteristic is traditionally attributable to men more so than women. Whether it is a social or innate construct is for another discussion. Aren't average women in our society more insecure and submissive than men?

You saying I want women to "act like us" is similar with blacks and hip-hop culture... whites (and Bill Cosby) aren't saying "act like us" and sell out your culture so much as they are saying this is how you have to act if you want to succeed.

I throw out mad props to the women business owners, they probably have pretty unique ways of running their operations. I also bet if women dominated politics we wouldn't be doing so shitty right now... women understand the value of life better than men, thus the perspective of warring for profit would change.

To the victor goes the spoils, and that spoil be slaves! Yarr.

7. What I don't understand is why women continue to bitch about equality and what not. You have it. You're not getting anything more than that. I would as easily punch a woman as I would a man, because women killed chivalry with their bitching about 50-60 years ago.

We're equal now. Be not surprised if I slug you in the arm, or give you a wedgy. We're all just guys bein' guys.

8. Amen! I was going to mention that too but I figured my post was long enough. lol.

Firstly, I wasn't talking to you, but rather using your example as a talking point. My point goes for ANYONE who says those kinds of things. You're not the center of my post in any way, the video was, so please don't jump on me simply because something you said was a talking point. If I was talking TO you I would have said so.

Women dislike being judged by their looks, but they judge the ugly men who judge women by pointing out how ugly THEY are.
    Its men judging women based on looks and women judging men based on their look simply because they're discussing who they find attractive, which women can't stand (aparantly).

Is it so wrong for an ugly fat man to discuss with his friends what women he finds attractive? Do you suddenly have to have good looks and a thin body just to say "hey that girl ranks at a 10 for me, shes very hot". With that in mind MOST of us can't say how attractive someone is simply because we may be found to be unattractive by someone listening and be painted out to be these fat ugly people who judge others based on appearances.

Their appearance wouldn't have been judged if they were very attractive now would they?
    My point simply is people can't judge a person on their looks, or insult their looks because they're judging others by looks and not have that connection made. If you don't think so then fine, but you don't have to get all bent out of shape on me simply because of what I said.
    Maybe you could explain your point without the exclamations and emotionally charged post? I'm right here, you don't have to yell.

I'm not talking about actresses, notice my post was mostly about videogame characters, dolls, and cartoon characters.

An example would be the Sultan from Aladdin. Why is he so fat, short and stupid? Why is he so easily swayed by Jafar with mind control. Shouldn't he have a strong enough mind that a villain couldn't so easily manipulate him? Why aren't men getting upset over the portrayl of the leader of a country as ugly and stupid. What do boys see when they see that?
    Sidekicks in these movies also tend to be fat and short. That guy who follows Gaston around, Phil from Hercules, they're short and fat and ugly.
    John Ratcliffe from Pocahontas is ugly as well.
    Jafar is ugly.
    Quasimodo is also ugly.
    How about Milo from Atlantis? Hes incredibly skinny, nerdy, huge glasses, stumbles over his words, not really attractive at all. What does his image say to fat boys? That they're fatties who need to get as skinny as milo?
    Pumbaa, Gus, Cogsworth and Flounder are less human examples of sidekicks who are fat, less attractive and seen as stupid by either the person they're with or by the audience in comparison to the person they're with. They're funny, comic relief and thats about it, they're not taken very seriously in the movies at all.
    (Gus is stupid compared to Jaq and less attractive because hes fat, Cogsworth isn't listened to by Lumiere, he isn't as cool. Pumbaa is stupid and fat and Timon doesn't really listen to him, Flounder is a coward with a limited sense of adventure.

Some of them are villains, some of them are leads, some of them are supporting roles, but all of them portray a very imperfect and ugly man (who doesn't get the super hot girl (save for a few rare cases)). What kind of message does this send to little boys?
    I asked my boyfriend and he said "nothing, cause men don't care."
    Which makes me ask what makes men not care? Why should women care? Why do women take a drastically perfect(cinderella)/imperfect(fat princess video game) female character and get offended at the drastic im/perfect-ness but male characters have a wide range of being unattractive in almost any role in these movies and yet I've never heard any man sound bothered by their son seeing it.

Also, what do these ugly male characters (who rarely get the woman) teach little girls? That the man you go for is some sort of prince charming who is rich and super hot and the ugly boys are just supporters in your life?

Hopefully I worded that all correctly. The statement in my first post was simply a shorter version of this whole huge explanation. I'm not trying to say men should be offended, I'm just saying that women being offended by these kinds of things is just ridiculus to me. Women push these things onto eachother, Disney doesn't have to imply anything, the women will find it and find some sort of problem with it.

Just my opinion.

9. Yes, thank you.
    Another easy look is most of the men in the disney movies with big muscles and square jaws that the video mentions. They are incredibly 'attractive', OVERLY 'attractive'. Few boys will grow up to be Hercules or Prince Charming.

10. I agree that men and women are different, but where the sexism and condescension comes in is the idea that it's the woman who needs to change in order to conform to a business model that doesn't necessarily work any better then one with a more feminine approach.

If your only suggestion is that women should change who we are in order to fit into the "man's world", then I don't see how that is a solution to sexism.

Men have done a splendid job of fucking things up for centuries, what needs to happen for you to suggest that maybe it's your sex that needs to change their approach?

11. Though we shouldn't forget this either:

Bishōjo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(And of course the famous harem and reverse harem)

12. Instead of "man's world", lets call it "our world" because its all we got to work with. Men and women both need to subscribe to certain norms in order to succeed within the system. I don't like conforming to the standards of the modern business world anymore than you do.

Now it appears that males fit into this system better than women, perhaps partially because it is a system devised by man, and partially because the competitive nature of business is better suited for the male ego.

I would welcome a new approach to the business model, and it has been coming. Post-enron business schools emphasize ethics and moral responsibility, something I think women understand a little better than men.

Women will find their niche and hopefully bring rise to a new way of looking at business, but I think the best way for them to do that would be from within the current system.

13. Hey, one has a penis, the other has a vagina. Where's the equality there? We're as equal as we're gonna get. I'm pretty sure anyone who was birthed after the invention of the car knows that women have as much potential to be useful in the workplace as any guy.

My post is going to bypass the business/Disney aspect of it and dive straight into personal experience, and maybe some ranting of my own. Odds are that some guys that we're perfectly nice before hand had their heart handed to them by some slut, and suddenly aren't really interested in being all that kind. Had it happen to me, seen it happen maaaany times.

Being someone who doesn't take sex into account with equality, I try to base my ideas of off other's actions. Females are for the most part as manipulative and self-centered, if not moreso, than any guy and are unabashed to the fact, yet when confronted automatically pull the cutesy, innocent little girl routine. It's what you do who defines you. It's a two way street, and while I diligently show everyone respect despite what they are, I have yet to find a girl who isn't a complete bitch/whore. It's probably an age thing, but I dunno.

No offence, of course, to any gender.

PS, females, you're all going to inhert the planet anyway, quit yer bitchin.

14. Do you live in California or something?

15. No haha, Rhode Island. They're all these stuck up chicks who thinks the world owes them something because they're eyes are pretty. If they're not straight up sluts they act like they are because they think it's cool or hot or some stupid shit.

16. <-----Is willing to be molested by women, in the interest of science of course, if it will help prove and/or disprove any theories and/or opinions in this thread.

17. Indeed.

Perhaps I wasn't as impressionable as a kid, but these kinds of things never shaped my opinion of how I should be or how men should be, it was all my family that did that kind of stuff... cartoons, video games, dolls, and other forms of entertainment were for just that.
    Maybe that's why I can't understand the outrage that some people have in this sort of thing.

:confused_2:

18. It was somewhat similar for me, family certainly caused a lot of damage. (As did the people who gave them poor advice)

19. Now this is what I don't get, we give bullshit threads like this so much attention, and other threads in the politics section that are infinitely more important get 1 page. WTF is with the bullshit getting more attention, this doesn't even go in this section.

20. I think talking about how guys just talk to girls to get in their pants and that adolescent girls have weight-issues because of men is sexist. Get over yourself. Also, do you split the check always and hold the door for the guy every time, I didn't think so. As a person who fights viciously and at their own risk for gay, woman's and other often suppressed divisions of humans rights, I feel like I have the right to say that your being an absolute whining, make-shit-out-of-nothing-blame-your-failure-on-others pain in the ass. You are part of the select group of women who expect presents, pampering, and subservient behavior from men, and then get insulted when we treat you as different as you make yourself out to be. I've been out in the front of picket lines with a megaphone and a middle finger to sexism and I'm pissed as hell that I'm getting sexism reversed on me like this and in other situations.