Female? What to do

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Copper164, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Is this guy a female? still really can't tell it looks to me like buds are starting to form on the top but it is my first grow so I don't really know.
    Im about to go away for a couple weeks and have someone water them so I need to know if its a female by the 18th, so it doesn't pollinate the other two plants my tent that I know are females.
    I've hear the swollen stem usually mean its a female, but it hasn't stretched much since I started flowering a week ago but comparing to oter plants which are really old so I don't really know.
    Could I put it in like 24 hours of darkness to make it flower more faster? Or would this cause harm to the plants.
    Heres some pictures please tell me what you guys think.
    image1.JPG

image2.JPG

image3.JPG

2. don't put it in 24hrs of darkness. are you in veg or flower? IE 18/6 or 12/12? I see no indicators either way. im only on my 3rd grow but its been pretty obvious each time about a week or so into flower. look for tiny white hairs. do not confuse them with the green thin pistols you get, those are not what im talking about. but you should see at first, two white hair poking out of the bud spot in tandem, from there the bud grows. you will only see these once you flower. ive heard of other techniques to identify sex pre flower, but I was never able to come up with concrete evidence on my own plants. I just flower for a week then spend the next week keeping a very close eye on her.

3. I've been flowering for a week and a day now was hoping that it would be showing by now

4. I do not believe a week into flower is anywhere close enough to a risk of pollen contaminating your crop. Now, I'd love to hear a more experienced person on the subject give an answer that's more accurate and in depth. honestly I've only had one "male" in my first grow which, now, I think I jumped the gun and destroyed too soon. Its better to give it another week and see what develops. Please correct me, but i feel like as long as you keep a real close eye on her the next several days, it should be pretty clear of sex before its a concern.

5. Yea what I'm saying though is on the 18th someone else is going to be watering them for 3 weeks, I won't even see them lol, and no way I'm going to be able to get her to determine if its a male/female and get rid of it, so it won't be dealt with until I am home.
    Just wanna make sure if it is a male I doesn't pollinate while I'm gone because that'd be really early and it'd grow mids