Female pre-flowers?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by random_shit_name4, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Are these female pre flowers? This is my first grow

Attached Files:

2. Hard to tell with that blurry picture. Are there 2 little white hairs coming out? Anyway you could get us some better photos? :smoke:

3. all I've got is my phone camera and thats the best picture I could get. The hairs are green right now but I've heard they start that way? They don't look like leaves developing

4. #4 jay719, Aug 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2015
    I dont see anything in that picture but stipules and new growth.

And no, the hairs will come out white. The calyx will be green but not the actual pistils.

5. sorry but what's a calyx?

6. I don't see any pre-flowers in that photo. How old is the plant? Sometimes it can take up to about 8 weeks before they show.

The calyx is what the two pistils poke out of. It's what the seed would grow in

7. The calyx is the actual female flower. A bud that you would break up and smoke is a cluster of swelled calyxes.

cannabis-gender-diagram.jpg

8. the plant is about 30 days old but it's outdoors and was started very late just to see if I could get anything and figured it would start flowering really early.

9. When you are starting from seed the plant will have to reach sexual maturity before it can flower regardless of light cycle. Much like animals, they cant breed before a certain age. Most of the time this is between four to six weeks but some can go shorter or longer.

10. alright thanks for the info. Then hopefully within the next two weeks it should be starting to show pre flowers

11. you may not get pre-flowers if it's that young, it may just go straight in to flowering. Pre-flowers happen in veg and don't usually show for about 5+ weeks of age. But a plant is usually sexually mature at about 3 or 4 weeks

12. okay it's at about 4 weeks right now

13. #13 warrenkmartin, Sep 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2015
    You are looking at the right place. Just have to wait a little longer before they show.
    Mine usually show towards the fifth or sixth node in veg. Usually 4 to 5 weeks in veg.