Female/male seeds help!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by deadlyfox, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Ok I am thinking of getting some nirvana seeds from-

http://www.grasscity.com/online_hea...a_Seeds&iProductCategoryID=234&iLastCatID=232

Anyway, since it isnt feminized, some of the seeds will be male, some female, right? How can I maximize chances of females, or is it just luck? How do I tell if they are male or female, because I dont wanna spend time growing the males cause they dont have much THC from what I understand.

I have read some of the guides on 'germination', and the 'paper-towel' method sounds easy enough...but I still am real confused on the whole male/female part.

Do I have to cross-breed them or something? Gosh im so freaking confused, any help would be really appreciated. Thanks again.

EDIT- and some basic info on my grow I am going to attempt, it will be a stealth outdoor grow in the country. thanks agian.

2. you cant tell whether seeds are male or female man...its just luck...try this method..set down your seeds..then grow all the plants..check the plants EVERY day if its a stealh outdoor grow as they could begin flowering at any time depending on the weather..when you see the tell-tale male sign appearing(small round clumps of flowers during preflowering..bunches of hanging stamens during flowering..but dont let it get that far..) chop em...and during preflowering..just take clones from any of your girls. so if you start with 10 seeds and only 4 turn out to be girls.. just take 6 clones and then youll have 10 ladies..hope this helps..oh and if you dont know how to clone..go to www.overgrow.com and search around on the site for cloning info..there is some on there and probs some on this site but OG shows you how to clone without using rooting gels.

3. there is this thing called 'search' its real cool cuz you can find the answer to all your questions on it...real cool