Fem. to Male Ratio

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by FloatOn77, Apr 2, 2006.

1. Hi, I was wondering, I know that when it comes to seeds, the chances of male and female seeds are 1:2. I mean that if you had 50 seeds, 25 should be male and 25 should be female. Is this true? I'm asking because If I were to buy seeds of 10 per pack and they weren't femanized, about half of them should be female, give or take correct?

thanks

2. wrong section, I dont know but repost this in beginer growers

3. that should be right. you might get a little more fems or a little less depends how good your grow them.

4. out of my 6 plants i got 4 females and 2 males out of bag seeds

5. im new to the growing scene but i had some random seeds and i planted 5 and they all came out female maybe im just a lucky bastard and they look nice for a first grower

6. You've got the rigt idea, but the way to express the ratio actually is 1:1, that's one part for one result and one part for the other result. However you write it it's a 50/50 chance for each seed. You can't say that from 50 seeds you "should" have 25 male and 25 females, that's the center of the bell shaped curve of probability distribution, but you could get 21/29, 27/23, etc. Just flip a coin 50 times and you probably won't get exactly 25 heads and 25 tails but it probably will be close.