Felony charge for possession of a half gram of hash...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by FMLtimes10, Nov 28, 2012.

1. This happened in early October, and my court date is on friday. I live in California and have my medical card, but wtf is this all about?! If dispensary's aren't supposed to sell it, why do they do it?? Anybody know anyone who this has happened to? And how did their day in court go? I would appreciate hearing other peoples stories who are similar to mine.

....it was only a half a gram!!

I didn't lie to the officer or anything, completely straight forward, and still got fucked in the ass with an iron dildo...

2. I thought dispensarys sold concentrates all the time? Sorry man, hope it all goes good

-T^2D

3. Yeah they do but I guess their really not supposed to..the laws are so vague.

4. This may help:

CA MMJ laws do cover concentrated cannabis in the same manner as regular cannabis: http://ag.ca.gov/opinions/pdfs/03-411.pdf

And this:

On May 24th, 2012 The California Supreme Court denied review of an appellate court decision in the case of People v. Colvin. This decision confirmed the legality of concentrated cannabis under the CUA (Prop 15).

Wouldn't hurt for a free consult with an attorney. Print out information on the above and ask them the best way to proceed. :smoke:

5. [quote name='"FMLtimes10"']This happened in early October, and my court date is on friday. I live in California and have my medical card, but wtf is this all about?! If dispensary's aren't supposed to sell it, why do they do it?? Anybody know anyone who this has happened to? And how did their day in court go? I would appreciate hearing other peoples stories who are similar to mine.

....it was only a half a gram!!

I didn't lie to the officer or anything, completely straight forward, and still got fucked in the ass with an iron dildo...[/quote]

Dude u in Cali lawyer up regardless but man you got me noises cause I have been rolling around with a couple os. Of keif

6. Thank you so much for this information!!

7. Give me a break. Your not going to get charged with a felony for half a gram of hash. Not in CA. Even if you didn't have a rec you still wouldn't be charged with a felony.
    How after all this time have you not researched the law? Know your rights man.

8. Know any attorney's willing to give a free consultation?

9. Man what the fuck! Somebody told me its a felony charge for some wax and I didn't believe him because I'm legal and dispensaries sell all kinds of shit but I guess you right

10. Go give a cop a half gram of hash and see how it goes.

11. Was it a solvent hash or bubble bags? I heard of someone with bubble bag hash making their case explaining how it was made with just weed and water. It seems a solvent hash would be a little harder to argue because people don't understand its just a concentrate form of weed

12. Completely true. I didn't think so either until they slapped the cuffs on.

13. It was in wax form.

14. Damn, at least now we know, patients should be told at the dispensary that they are still risking shit! That's shady of cops though! They just hate smokers for no reason man we never try to fight back or anything and they act like we're insane killers it's retarded

15. [quote name='"FMLtimes10"']

It was in wax form.[/quote]

Damn. I wish you the best of luck. You can always try going the I need to medicate heavily and smoking a couple grams of plant matter is unpleasant or something along those lines.

16. All you need is a decent lawyer and its an open and shut case bro. Mmj laws in cali specifically cover concentrates, no reason you should be getting a felony charge. Ive read of a few other blades running into the same fate, such a shame

17. Do you have a condition that seriously requires weed, or are you like most people who just get the card to have it? Im just asking because if you had a serious condition then itll be way easier to argue

18. Just like most people bro.

19. Cops tried to pin a charge on me for having hash however I knew the laws and argued that it was water extracted hash and he was wrong. That sucks that you had wax as if it was made with BHO or any other solvent it is actually illegal. I don't even fuck with that stuff man butane or other solvents just aren't worth the risk with health or legal issues.

20. [quote name='"TKAF"']Cops tried to pin a charge on me for having hash however I knew the laws and argued that it was water extracted hash and he was wrong. That sucks that you had wax as if it was made with BHO or any other solvent it is actually illegal. I don't even fuck with that stuff man butane or other solvents just aren't worth the risk with health or legal issues.[/quote]

Health issues? I always figured since you smoke less and dabs are basically vaporizing itd be healthier. Could you elaborate?