Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Feeling strange days after smoking.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by MAsmoker, Oct 14, 2009.

1. So I have smoked 6 times now. On my 5 and 6 time I felt really strange the day after (I smoked at night) I have heard stories of it being paranoia or some placebo effect. I KNOW the weed was not laced because everybody else smoked it and feels fine now. I feel slightly detatched and lazy, and occasionally I am not aware of what is going on. It feels like a mild high. Has anybody else had this experience, and do you know how long it may last. I am not worried or anything, but just want some advice. I smoked sunday and did not have school monday, but I still feel weird and it is tuesday. Advice?

2. yeah man the same things been happening with me these past two times (with new weed) have been like my 7th and 8th times smoking and ive felt wierd even like 24 hours after smoking and this doesent usually happen. I guess its just out bodies getting used to it, it feels good though lol

3. True.
    OP It's probably just because you are new to smoking. Your body is just getting used to marijuana and it's doing it's thing. The more you smoke the more tolerance you will have and the more normal you will feel over time. In the meantime just keep your brain exercised by reading a complex book or something and drink some caffeine. This will make you feel more vital mentally and physically.

4. You ain't used to the herb. keep smoking and try to ignore these feelings cus its all in your head, literally. The more you burn the more you get used to it and feel no lingering effects even 4 hours after you smoked.

5. I recently started smokng too, and I'm getting this too. I can feel weird and slightly high days after I smoke. I just relax and treat it like a high. It's like finding another chip in a bag you thought was empty.

6. This used to happen to me
    Still does somewhat if I smoke like an hour before I go to bed but it only last for an hour or so the next day.

I think the more you smoke the less you are going to feel this. So my advice is to keep smoking! :smoking:

7. #7 bballsk8er333, Oct 14, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
    If you hit the gym, op, itll cut that time of "weed-hangover" down to a night and feel great the next morning. If I smoke chronic, then stop, then go Ill just feel "slower" and "dumber" for approx 24-48 hrs, unless im in good general fitness.

edit: you could also smoke more like said above, which does work, but that can be bad for people not looking for - fatter midsection/skinnier wallet, high all the time so not as productive necessarily, and a .0001 percent dependence mentally(not physically of course)
    btw i smoke like every 2 or 3 days and dont get hangover cause workin out

8. yeah man i know exactly what your talking about. this use to happen to me when i first started. never bothered me enough to affect anything. but i guess it just went away after a while. i dont get it anymore

9. I know exactly what you're talking about...

I'm fairly new to smoking...(been smoking for almost a year now) and when my buddies and I would have an intense smoking session (typically late at night), the next morning my brain wouldn't function as well as normal. I was doing some pretty complex stuff last year and needed my brain at full power, but after these intense smoking sessions, it definitely made the following few days a bit harder.

As everyone has stated, the more times you smoke, this will go away. Mine left after about 3 or 5 more times of smoking.

10. I used to be that way when I first started smoking too, like everyone said you'll eventually build up your tolerence to the point where you feel totally normal after coming off your high. I also noticed that I used to have that "weed hangover" feeling more often if I happen to smoke at night or before I slept.

11. It may be because your new to smoking or possibly that you are going through a sorta of derealization or depersonalization.. look into it, I'm currently dealing with that.

12. I agree with everyone else.

I felt the same way when I started smoking. But it will go away after you a while.:smoking::smoking::smoking:

13. Its just because you are new to smoking, this feeling wont continue if you smoke regularly.