Feeling spaced out or feel like you're in a dream?

Discussion in 'General' started by M369, Aug 16, 2008.

1. dude ive been getting this shit for years :O it stopped around the time i started smoking weed actually lol. my mom n i just called it disassociation, but that never sounded right. haha thanks for letting me know what its called, yeah it was fucking me up and i was allways scared to go places cause i was never sure if it would happen but then i started smoking weed and i guess i just stopped worrying and i think its only happened like once in the last year... but yeah thanks again good luck to ya

2. yeah thanks, glad you got over it.

3. I have felt this way for I don't know how long blurred vision, dreamy, lost memory it seems like its taking over my life. I work offshore and have a hard time talking to people and understanding things. I first thought that my previous use of mushrooms and tabs may have fried my brain.I still do think it is part of it. I also thought it was sinus's then thought that I was experinceing allergies. I went to the doctor and tried to explain to her what was happening. She gave me a card to a place that could help , I drove there it seemed weired at first, then when i walked in the door they put me in a stray jacket. I'm just joking about that she really gave me: nasal spray claritan antibiotic didnt do a lick of good. I started searching it out found this site thanks for your help. Do you or anyone else think that the multiple use of mushrooms could cause this or am I also a candidate of depersonalization? I am 24 and did these abusing drugs around the age of 17- 20. I stopped smoking pot and taking mushrooms when I was experincing extreme anxitey Paranoea. Am I fried? If so should I just go ahead and finish off the vegitable processing... JK Do you or any one esle see dead people? I'm just kiddin again, but really do you see like slight tracers, or slow movement in your periferal vision outof the corner of your eye?
    p.s I did alot of shrooms.

4. #44 MandalaSmoker, Mar 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2009
    Exactly what I have.

Just now figured it out man,it's like a daze you know?It feel's like I am coming down from a drug.Xanax doesnt help that much OPiate's make it go away.I havent used Opiate's in around 30 day's though.

Yeah I see shit,I think I have Hppd.Is it linked to this?I started feeling this way about 2-3 month's ago.It suck's ass all I want to do is lay down in bed and do nothing.I also have no desire to eat and only have been when my stomach hurts badly.

5. dude i think i have this but very severly, like the people who love me the most i have to treat them like complete shit, everytime day i look at all the conversations that i had and get mad if i say something stupid and i have to critique meself on everything that i say, i constantly think in my head about crazy shit and stuff, but i have cure for all this luckily i have found mdma and i think im going to spiral down even further because its only temporary tool that will heal me, wat ever fuck this it will eventually end:cool:

6. Depersonalization is a bitch.

I believe the following thread I started a while back either proves I'm severely depersonalized or severely retarded/immature:

http://forum.grasscity.com/general/287687-hey-im-dream-typing-really-guys.html

I honestly felt I was dreaming.

Even though I am extremely embarrassed with my behavior, I believe it was just my special way of expressing depersonalization.

:D

7. I feel like I'm in a dream when I'm really high. That happened to me tonight... I kept thinking to myself "this is the best dream I've ever had" and it really tripped me out. I was walking through a grocery store with my friends. Bizarre stuff. I can see how it would be a very unsettling feeling of anxiety on a day-to-day basis.

8. Mat,I would like to thank you.really,this mean's alot to me.For I have found out what is wrong and can now fix it.

If we were in person I would smoke you out and give you a hug(no homo),This shit has made me cry proably 4/7 day's of the week.I am very stressed,I tihnk about the shit I am stressed about WAY to much.Weed is probably making it worse,though at time's bring's me back to feeling better,not by feeling "normal" but by feeling high.

This road is a tough one,I can conqour this.I have too.If you guy's can do it I can.I wake up and feel like a zombie,for awhile I thought it was WD from Xanax,NO,NO,NO not it at all.I thought I was going completely insane at time's.I feel very disconnected and the only emotion I seem to show is sadness,I feel with you saying what you have,and everyone else.I can get past this.

Here I go,on the long walk ahead.What's in store?Only time can tell my friend's,only time.

9. i just started feeling like this since january
    the doctors thought i had schitzophrenia but i did research and figured out it was this
    its hell
    i hate it
    it makes motivation for life impossible
    but im gettin use to it and actually accepting it
    i dont have to feel anything
    and nothing matters
    so i do watever
    but i do miss feeling at home
    i think im slowly losing my mind tho
    you start to forget your a human
    and when you try to remind yourself then u start to realise how pointless it is

10. Please,try and overcome this.You can do it,never give up.EVER!!!!!!!!!

11. Man I gotta spread the rep before I give some to you again, but this thread definitely deserves it. You have good intentions man :)

12. its not an on and off thing tho
    its constant
    its pretty much my reality
    but i just recently discovered that opiates are a big help

13. I thought I was the only one. I felt exactly the way you did and I sometimes cant even smoke or drink because when I think there is something wrong with me because of the effect of THC making my throat feel numish or my head tingles or ears ring or have the chill I get paranoid and freak out. Lately I understand it is all in my head. Same goes with alchohal. I dont smoke or drink much either.

HOw have you coped with the problem? please get back to me on here Id like to know.
    My girlfriend has been helping a little bit and im happy to have her.
    Even right now after eating to much food now my stomach feels like its numb I think something is wrong. Its like a disease I swear.

14. It will go away, Bliss Junkie.

You will go through maybe a year of what seems like a declining spiral, but to come back up you must hit what you believe is rock bottom. I am damn near through my Depersonalization, feeling almost back to normal entirely and I started having episodes about two years ago. It does pass, it just takes time.

Be optimistic. I know it's hard, but it helps. Start exercising more, even if it means going on walks daily, drinking more water and eating better. These are big steps in the right direction.

:D

15. Only just came back to this thread, i'm sorry you have to feel this way too bliss, but as durchii said it goes in time. It's just over a year now since it came on for me. I can still remember the panic and fear i had inside me. And thinking about it scares me.

Il be honest i'm not 100% back to myself, i still get anxiety and mad derealization but its less frequent and i have learned how to control it.

Let us know how your feeling bliss and remember your not alone;)
    Great post as usual man.

16. Hey man sorry its been so long to reply but iv only just seen this message.

I'm seriously REALLY glad to help.
    Everything you said i can relate too as well.

How you doing as of late anyway man?
    Things getting any easier for you?

17. Thats what I felt like on PCP
    hahaha luckily it went away after I passed out.

18. Man this condition completely explains something that happened to me about a year ago today when i was on vacation with just my parents, which really does give you alot of time to be introspective. Anyways, I brought a quarter down there and was smoking just about every chance i could get, first few days were fine, but then everything went downhill from there. I started freakin out and thinking i was in some type of dream state, and wasnt able to sleep for the next 3 or 4 days of the trip, and my pulse was pretty high. Then my parents started to pick up on it and when we went back i went to a psychiatrist and they couldnt figure out what the fuck was wrong with me, so like usual they just test me like a lab rat with whatever the fuck they could find, the first thing they tried was antipsychotics for a few weeks, which made me like a zombie, and then my parents thought there was something wrong with me because i was like this. Took them a few months but they finally prescribed me anti-anxiety pills which shouldve happened in the first place. That shit was fucked up.

19. I don't mind the wait,I am sure you are busy.I am thankful of you making this thread.Yes I actually have been feeling alittle better.I still get spaced out and feel like a zombie ofcourse but knowing what is wrong and staying positive,not trying to argue at all.It makes me feel alot more spaced out.

I feel alright right now,though I did just take some Hydrocodone and that help's eminsly.I have been put on Celexa,I was put on Cymbalta but my insurance didnt go through.I was taking the med for 3 day's but it make's my palms sweat,very bad anxiety,and I get mad,really mad.I was playing a Wii today and was about to punch my TV as hard as I could only becouse I couldnt beat a tennis game.That never happen's,I mean I may have gotten upset but never angry enough to get violent like that.I stopped taking them and am calling the doctor tomarow saying if you dont want to help me besides putting me on SSRI's then I wont be seeing you.

20. Yeah i'm not sure any medication is going to do you any good. Because instead of fixing the problem they normaly just cover it up, making you worst in the long run.

I haven't used anything and i'm slowly getting better.
    Positive thinking and motivation is the only medication you need in my opinion.
    However i do sometimes take a pill if my anxiety gets out of control. ( that kinda contradicts itself:p)

But i'm glad your on the way to recovery. And it helps knowing whats wrong.
    Again, i'm glad i could help.