Feeling spaced out or feel like you're in a dream?

Discussion in 'General' started by M369, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Yo matt, how have you been doing with your DP lately? Mine has been acting up really bad as of late. I tried smoking weed again the other day, and I seriously thought I was going to die again. I'm considering giving up weed for good.

It's crazy because a couple weeks ago I figured I would smoke weed for the rest of my life, and now I don't even know what life is most of the time.:(

2. hey man this might help but my dp was so bad a year ago, and i smoked ganj from then and still puffin.

when you are comfortable,happy and chillin in your environment it gets better day by day.

and mrmoney do you have any insomia issues from dp, and also, does anyone know if weed can cause insomnia?

3. Thnx mate, good too know =) i usually get this feeling for a day or two after ive smoked a lot. but then it goes away. I dont know if its the exact same thing, but everything gets foggy, especially my sight and my thoughts. (similar to the feeling you get if youve slept to long or have a bad diet, but a lot stronger) feels like the world is a dream and it doesnt matter. My body feels like its not there. or like its asleep, and i have a lot of deep thoughts that often make me sad because i can never get to the conclusion of them. Like the tought why are we here? its completely endless and it drives me crazy. It doesnt bother me to much though, because it always goes away. Still its good to know that im not going insane. =)

But heres the thing. I have smoked marijuana for a couple of years now, and its been realy good. But i cant ever recall having this weird feeling without it being connected to a smoke out session. May that mean that i have potential for depersonalisation? I have always wanted to try shrooms. You think that may increase my chances for having depersonalisation constantly?

4. #24 M369, Sep 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2008
    First of all i wouldn't try shrooms if you have any sings that you have derealization, in my opinion.
    After taking salvia i got derealisation permanently. But hey i'm not telling you what to do, that's just what happened to me.

I just like to say I'm shocked as to how many other people feel the way i do. its really reassuring to know that your not the only one feeling this way, as many of you will probably agree!

MrMoney:
    mine has been bad lately too! In fact very bad! I think mine can be brought on by various things including coffee(which Ive had to cut down on because of this).
    Its really horrible when DR comes on in the middle of a conversation(which has been happening a lot) because it really throws me off what we are talking about. I find it hard to keep concentration and interact with people when its really bad. Are any of you the same?
    Also i have found my memory is extremely worst than it was before i ever had a sign of DR. I think its because of the constant dream state i am in Not because I'm losing my memory.

Don't give up man! Its really hard at times i know but worrying about it and gettin worked up and anxious only makes it worst! I know!
    I try to limit myself as to what i do. Like drinking and smoking. Instead of smoking everynite or a couple times a week like i used too, il have one maybe once a week or every 2 weeks. Its not what i want but i feel i have to do it to stay sane!
    Drinking for me makes it go away, but it come on a lot stronger the day after, so its kinda like one step forward and two steps back.

If anyone else has any tips on controlling it please share and if any medication has worked for you also?

5. Thread bumped so others can read who haven't seen.

6. I just got this recently too. :(

I was smoking some MJ and then it came out of nowhere. This was just a few days ago. Right now at this moment I feel pretty normal, but when its at its peak I feel detached from all my senses, or something like that. There's no words for this one I think.

Marijuana seems to bring it back. I should have stopped smoking when it first happened but I had way to many good times with marijuana to just stop smoking. I tried smoking in small amounts to no avail.

What Im going to do is smoke a different strand of weed and if that doesnt work Im going to wait it out till I completley get it out of my head and start slow.

7. can i get pills for depersonalization

8. Maybe your realizing everything thats real and growing out of the dream world you were in for quite some time.

9. #30 crackrockstdy89, Feb 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2009
    This is really weird. Sounds like you're sort of drifting in and out of your subconscious. I've never heard of anything like this, but have had that feeling one time a few days after taking lsd for my first time. And i doubt it was salvia alone that brought this on. I have done salvia numerous times, and have never had any lasting effects. Or maybe everyone else without this derealisation are the ones dreaming all day, and you are just starting to wake up? I don't know, life's crazy

10. #31 Stevedel0, Feb 9, 2009
    LOL, life IS crazy.

Sometimes when the derealization comes on I feel like I've learned some secret of the universe. Or as if I've gone beyond human understanding. However, I hate the feeling because life is just much harder to enjoy. The detachment I feel is just crushing. Plus what it does to your thought process is just creepy

The only positive is that Ive been getting really awesome dreams since it started

11. Ah :(

This thread reminds me too much of my whole life with this supposed anxiety disorder.

It reminds me of what my mom always calls me, a "fatalist", a person who just doesn't have a will in life, just a random drive in them that keeps them going, nothing else. I hate the feeling, it creeps slowly upon my mind during conversations, in mid thoughts, while i'm doing anything I will randomly get a worry in my mind "am i saying this right" "am i doing this right?" "am i doing that wrong" "does she hate me" "man i look stupid today". The list goes on.

It eats up at me a lot. marijuana sometimes helps my cause, and other times only makes it worse.

12. Thanks man, there are times in life where I feel I have experienced some of those symptoms on a minor level. I guess you just gotta go with the flow. Glad you have found some answers.

13. #34 Stevedel0, Feb 9, 2009
    BTW, I posted earlier.

I just prayed for the first time in years. I feel like a huge load just got off me. As if all this time there was an evil spirit of fear hanging over me.

I think I can blaze now without problems, somehow I just know it.

I havent prayed to God in years. I lost my catholic faith about a year ago, and im not saying I regained it. but I believe in God now, and I was being a fool in life before derealization kicked in. I realized some problems and issues I had, and then I prayed.

I meant it from my heart and I feel much better.

Of course Im going to have to fix the issues, but at least I feel im on the right path now
    -------

Ok, I did marijuana again thinking spiritual forces were going to help me get an ejoyable high. LOL

Only when derealization came back this time, a light bulb turned on in my head.

I realized I was having a panic attack, and not just sole derealization for no reason.

Ive had about 4 of these attacks so far and I managed to stay calm during this one and looked up online panic attack symptoms, and I had them all. So thats why I was derealizing. It was bothering me that marijuana alone could do something, but now that I know theres a bigger cause I feel alot better. I might have to stop smoking though

My derealization is alot better though. Before I couldnt stop thinking about derealization, now I cant stop thinking about panic attacks lol. At least I dont feel so derealized though, at least now I dont feel so detached from myself,

14. You really do think alot about life when you have DR.

15. Well its been a while now and I dont have derealization anymore. I dont even get panic attacks anymore from smoking weed. I think it was from stress but I must have adapted to the stress

16. i feel you OP.

i had the same thing happen to me last year. it was terrible.

17. This happened to me earlier this year as well, when I was under an extreme amount of stress. It was impossible for me to tell the difference between reality and dreams, and I felt completely out of my body. I was even having disturbing thoughts about trying to determine if it was a dream or reality [while driving, crashing my car to see if I got hurt or if nothing happened].

Luckily I talked to my therapist pretty much right way, stopped smoking for a few days, chilled out and dealt with my stress alone and it passed.

Although, to be completely honest, I've been under a lot of stress again and I'm starting to feel a lot of the same symptoms.

18. Thats exactly it.

19. It's a scary thing, quite honestly.