Feeling pretty shitty... Need some help.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Indie, Aug 1, 2010.

1. I built a rubbermaid 30 gallon grow box. 6 26w 6500k CFLS for veg, with an 18/6 light time. Seeds germinate successfully, and I place them root down under 1/4 to 1/2 inch of soil. 5 days later, no sprout so I dug up seed and the root was just dead and rotted. This has happened 6 times. I have no idea what the problem is, and its getting me really down because I have read hundreds of threads and books on growing, have a great setup and know how to take care of a plant but for some reason it wont sprout. The max temp in the box is 82 with the lowest at 72.

If someone could explain whats going wrong it would be much helpful.

Thanks,
    Indie.

2. how much water did you give them after you put them in the soil?

3. Enough im presuming. I just sprayed the dirt 3-4 times with a mist bottle. The soil was slightly moist, but surly not overwater.

4. I'm not sure if this will help, but maybe it's worth a shot. Rather than burying the seed after the root comes out, try leaving the shell part slightly exposed at the surface--with the root down, of course. I have always done it this way, and I've never had a seed pop and not grow.

5. Yea I have no idea what is going on haha, I made this great grow box, inyet I cant even get the seed to sprout. I didnt think that sprouting was the hardpart!!! I dont have any seeds either, so now Ill have to obtain more. Sucks since I dont know any schwag dealers.

6. what strain....whats your soil...what kind of water...what the ph...soil and water...i need input:eek:.....check out mandala seed bank web site...great info on seeds and germination that will change everything you have heard about germination:D...a little info so we can help