Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Feeling groggy in the morning

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by AntiChrist, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Once in awhile I wake up in the morning after smoking a bowl with a slight head ache and feel like complete trash. This only happens some times. I am not sure if it has anything to do with marijuana, though. Does this happen to anyone else? Are there anyways to avoid it?

2. Coffee mgh help

3. I think morning are just evil and want you to feel like that, a wake and bake usually sets the mood right for me.

4. what type of cannabis are you smoking? medical?

5. Could be a number of things ranging from lack of sleep to poor diet. I don't feel that great in the morning but after a cup of coffee, bottle of water and a cigarette I am ready to conquer the world.

6. Chances are you're dehydrated. Any time I smoke and get a headache that's the cause. That and I must have coffee with my morning toke or I sometimes get a headache.

7. It happens to me sometimes too, life seems better after tea

8. It happens to everyone at first due to tolerance issues. The weed hangovers didn't end for me until after about a year. Maybe I still get them, but I'm just used to them and don't notice. I dunno.

9. I find that a little "hair of the dog that bit you" is best. A nice wake n bake with a good sativa usually fixes me right up in the morning. It happens rarely anymore too, so tolerance keeps it at bay, maybe with a little dehydration on those rare occasions for me now sounds like a fair assumption.

10. I'll try drink more water and see if it happens

11. Happens to me too, especially if I had a long night of toking. Just make some breakfast and have a coffee and it'll help.

12. I've been smoking for 45+ years and it happens to me from time to time.

Could be the 6 shots of vodka also but . . .

Seriously though - yea it happens - make sure you water up before bed.

13. I usually wake up after toking feeling like I haven't slept at all. I cut back to two bowls and I toke medical

14. That happens to me if I go to bed while the high is at full peak. I try to avoid that, but sometimes it just knocks you out. If that happens, I've found that a packet of emergen-C (the one with electrolytes and vitamins/antioxidants as well) helps clear the mind fog/grogginess I get the morning after.

Like someone mentioned above, smoking does make go away for me, but I don't like to smoke in the morning (especially if it's a work week).

• Like Like x 1
  15. It kind of sounds to me like you could possibly be smoking a lot, then going to bed dehydrated. It gets worse while you sleep causing some of the things you said when you wake up, I've done it to myself several times. I'd have to say as far as preventing it, drink a lot of water before bed. If it happens again though, my best cure would be water, Tylenol, a couple cups of coffee, and a bowl.

jah!/*d$*:smoking:

16. If you're not sleeping enough that could be the problem.
    Do you smoke and then eat ? Or do you eat before you smoke or do you not eat at all

17. I know this thread is quite stale, but in my experience is the morning time is rough on the body especially if it's a lot of things you're neglecting.

If you want to enjoy your wake-n-bakes here are a few steps you can try to help improve your morning session.

1) Stay hydrated. Water is your friend. Love it, drink it, repeat. This is a very big one when it comes to headaches or muscle cramping.

2) Cut down on spices, citrus, red meats, etc before bed. If you have heartburn already then smoking in the AM will definitely exacerbate the issue. If you are like me and refuse to change. Increase the water intake and invest in some Tums/Rolaids.

3) Avoid burning on an empty stomach. Especially in the mornings. If you feel a slightly nauseating vibe about and feel more sick than stoned, then try eating a lil bit. Even if you're not a big eater, toast and peanut butter really hits the spot. Nice and light while retaining substance and protein. Eat a small snack before puffing next time. Does a world of good.

Those are my three tidbits. Good luck!

18. Youre tolerance is fairly low so thats why you feel the "weed hangover" (for lack of a better term), and the headache is from dehydration as others have said. Eventually when you smoke everyday you wont get that groggy feeling in the morning. As for headaches, drink a glass of water before bed

-Sent from Zeta Reticuli starsystem-

19. Listen to the alien. He's an intelligent life form.

• Like Like x 1
  20. stay hydrated and make sure your not high when it's time for you to fall asleep and you'll be fine. I do the exact opposite every night and still end up having to wake up at 6 in the morning lethargic as fuck lol.