Feeling good in Massachusetts!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by MarieDaKitty, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Hi all!!! I am MarieDaKitty and I am new to the whole grow world... I am pretty excited and I look forward to learning and sharing a lot.. Oh, and I cannot wait until I am an expert!

2. Welcome to GC!
    Just when you think you are an expert...Up jumps the devil as you and your wallet will soon find out!
    :p:p:p

Read all about it at growweedeasy.com..
    This should be required reading, before we can lay claim to Beginner Status..:)
    Enjoy...it is well worth it.

3. Thank very much!!! I will be sure to jump on it, as I already have 7 plants going...

4. Respectfully I digress..
    Studying is necessary to even get the attention of the "Pros" at GC..You will be judged as being worthy by the questions that you ask...Many are simply turned off after repeating the same advice time after time(after countless hours, have bookmarked that site for reference)..Took me about a month of reading before I even joined the forum..Luck to you!
    As more and more states have legalized, the result seems to be "those with the most toys wins..." HahHahHah

5. Welcome to GC, probably the best site for advice from pros, and I've been on them all.
    You'll learn quick and pick up on your mistakes that might eventually happen( first grows a crash course for most! )

7 plants on the first grow that's a doozie, but do-a-ble!
    What's your set up? Soil, coco, hydro?
    What space are you growing in?( cannabis needs space ) and what lights are you using?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

6. Thank you so much!! I have been studying and looking things up since I got my seeds in January. I am just a perfectionist and I really have to go over and over to make sure I got it. I am having challenges, as many websites offer different ways. From soil, super soil, coco, it can make you freak out... I am just hoping my temps outside pick up real soon as I want to sit my plants in pots outside, as I have multiple balconys and a sun room

7. I choose soil since it seems to be easiest for us Noobs..results after 6 weeks..My 4 "little" Ladies seem happy! BTW: Nevada here!
    4-20-17.jpg

8. Yes, I think I may have been high when I decided to do 7 plants at once

Currently, I have them all in solo cups with only vermiculite and perlite. I have had them in there since 4/14 and they seem to be doing fine. I am sure that this is wrong by now after reading so many other forums . I did buy Fox Farms soil, as I wanted to do the mixture of vermiculite, perlite and fox farms to put them in next week... I am pretty sure I fudged this all up!! The space I am growing in is my sun room for now and then I will transfer them outside on my balconies. I did however throw them in the closet for the moment with 2 long fluorescent lights since today is cloudy, rainy and cold

9. Your plants are beautiful and they look like the pictures I see all the time!! I am going for Fox Farms soil, so I hope that I can get the real swing of things before I murder my plants

10. Sounds like you are well on the way to success and Good Bud..I use FFOF mixed w/ about 25% Perlite.
    Consider Smart pots w/ handles as you will be moving the ladies in and out from your balcony. They can be reused and washed a couple of times..They also let the roots get oxygen easily.

11. Thanx...Plants are WEEDS and are amazingly resilient, as long as you just follow their lead..LOL

12. I have been leaning more towards smart pots, but I cannot decide which size. I know they can grow like crazy outdoors, but the size of your pot can restrict that. I really would like to get a big yield from each plant, as I enjoy my smoke and I really am wanting to do a long cure

13. Yes, I really am following their lead. I am just in love with just how plants grow in general

14. I use 5 gallon myself..usually larger is better (7 or 10 gallon, if you can carry them..Plant + soil =
    Yep...I have even fed them a bit of Coconut water ..after all, what plant has the biggest seeds..LOL.
    I have one bagseed in the jungle, that I continue to experiment on..If she (I hope) likes it...the others get it too..
    PH is not as important w/ soil grows, but it does help plants uptake of nutrients...Besides those at the city..My local grow shop is also an excellent resource...The owner is a long time grower and has never tried to sell me anything..
    I support him whenever I can (he has FFOF for $13 per 1.5 cuft, way better than online)
    Meant to ask...do you have pets...(cats in particular)? One of my pooches steals MMJ nugs and has to be watched always when the door to my grow room w/ tent is open...LOL

cat1.gif

15. I taught my pooch to not touch my plants I would show him the plants put him next to the buds and would very affirmatively say No or " leave it" these were the words we used to train him, and when he backs away from the plant after hearing the orders I give him a treat. And I have a very very hungry husky that jumps on the stove to get anything he can get his hands on when we leave the house. Never touches the bud though and it's been a a number of grows now

16. Huskeys are tough too...ever tried to chase yours? They put their heads down and run straight away..(Neighbor has one)
    HiYa M9Prime..I have 3 pooches..the oldest Border Collie stayed away with a simple no...But the nug stealer is not so easy ..she is an Australian Shepard and does what she pleases...The other Male Aussie is well behaved and listens well.

17. Oh my lord heavens almighty! I want a Aussie shep so bad! The eyes and colours are beautiful! My Shepard husky loves my weed too and he's a little brat, He just loves getting a buzz on, because I don't smoke around him but he always tries to come around me or the wife when we do

18. I will get me some smart pots in 8 gallons. Oh yeah, I have a dog and occasionally he wants to get high so I hope he doesn't bother them...

19. I have an Alaskan Malamute and he is a big fatty. My plants are small, but I will be sure to start with him on that

Attached Files:

20. She could kill ya with those eyes...Also Have a Blue Merle Mini Aussie. DSC_0205.JPG

Together1 11-10-13.JPG