Feeling depressed

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Kush cookies, Jan 27, 2013.

1. I'm not the type of person to feel sorry for myself but lately I've been feeling really down, it's not everyday, it's not like having a down day it's like I can't see any good in anything when I feel down, the second I start to get stoned I forget it and it goes but this isn't a permanent fix, friends have told me about Valium but I don't want to turn into a zombie has anyone got any advice on how to feel better?

2. get a life and stop depending on stupid shit to make you feel better....

its not a hard concept...you sit aroun all day and feel like shit excpectin something to change welll thats not the way it works

find something you enjoy doin and do it more often with other people who enjoy doin it

3. Find out what makes you happy blade. Wake up with a purpose. Just having internet access.means your better off financially than millions of people around the world. Be thankful for what you do have and not what you don't. A roof over your head food to eat running water and so on. It's so easy for people to take advantage of what they have and not be grateful for it.

Try having no contact with anyone you know for a few days leave your house toss your phone in the trash and leave your money at home. Venture out to the streets and survive. I bet you'd be a lot more thankful for your life than previously. I know you're not saying you're unthankful but it seems to go hand in hand with depression.

Try donating some of your time to a soup kitchen serving people food who have nothing in life and talk to them a bit. I think you may realize you have a lot to be happy about.

Good luck blade. Chin up.

4. If you haven't been diagnosed with anything linked to depression and you're just feeling a bit down, do not start relying on medication.

Instead, surround yourself with positive people and a positive atmosphere, and try and find the source of your unhappiness, don't just try and cover it up. You'll make worse problems by doing that, trust me.

5. Chemical imbalances in the brain causing depression aren't something that can go away from trying to realize how lucky and fortunate you are. If your brain forces you to feel down all the time, unfortunately, just telling yourself to be happy because you have a good life isn't as easy as it sounds.

Trust me, I've tried that. Your brain gets in a loop. Tell yourself to be happy because you're fortunate and then 5 minutes later its right back to pointing out the bad in life.

6. Keep yourself busy. Physical activity releases endorphins, endorphins make you happy. Seeing positive changes in your appearance also makes you happy. Try working out and staying active.

7. make some kush cookies.

repeat often.

8. Cheers guys, ill try to find out what I don't like in my life and change it. I've just picked up some big Buddha cheese and I'm baked as fuck problem solved haha

9. sometimes i feel the same. it sucks. especially when weed doesnt help anymore. this thread reminds me of this song.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LivfbaRXQCE]KiD CuDi - Pursuit Of Happiness [HIGH QUALITY] - YouTube[/ame]

10. Depression = chemical inbalances

Feeling depressed is not the same as having depression.

11. Go play with your pork sword

12. I get depressed when I am bored, staying busy with people or my plants keeps me happy.

13. Valium is just dumb dude, you do that cos you feel down then suddenly you're addicted and life is worse... maybe its the weather? I know I've been down myself because here its been no less than 30 degrees Fahrenheit for the last two weeks... sucks... but don't do Valium, read a book or watch a movie or go out and do something to get your mind off shit

14. Find something that you love. For me it's music or comedy or watching sports. In the meantime, maybe this will help you make sense of things: http://youtu.be/JCuqR2l4Ztk

15. #17 Storm Crow, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2013
    How Long Before Fish Oil Works on Depression to Lift Your Mood? How Long Before Fish Oil Works on Depression to Lift Your Mood?

Nutritional omega-3 deficiency abolishes endocannabinoid-mediated neuronal functions. (abst – 2011) Nutritional omega-3 deficiency abolishes endoca... [Nat Neurosci. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

Deficiency of Dietary Omega-3 May Explain Depressive Behaviors (news - 2011) Deficiency of Dietary Omega-3 May Explain Depressive Behaviors. - Free Online Library

[FONT=&quot]High omega-6 and low omega-3 fatty acids are associated with depressive symptoms and neuroticism. High omega-6 and low omega-3 fatty acids are a... [Psychosom Med. 2007] - PubMed - NCBI[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Omega-3 Fatty Acids and Mood Disorders PsychiatryOnline | American Journal of Psychiatry | Omega-3 Fatty Acids and Mood Disorders

Incidentally, the area of your brain that controls depression, is the same one that controls getting high! :smoking: If you are depressed because of a lack of Omega 3 in your diet, you are likely not getting your maximum high, either! :(

Granny :wave:
    [/FONT]

16. Cheers for the advice but I've tried swallowing the tablets before there like 9mm bullets there's no way in hell I can swallow them lol interesting to know that it's affecting my high as I noticed, when I still lived with my parents I had a varied diet as everything was cooked from scratch I felt my highs were so much better, ill look into the omega 3 n 6 idea cheers

17. The new Krill caps are smaller than the fish oil caps. Also, you can make a nice Omega 3-rich salad dressing with hemp seed oil (no high involved, you get it online, or at the health food store)

[FONT=&quot]Omega 3 Italian Salad Dressing
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1/2 cup hemp seed oil [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1/3 cup cider or red wine vinegar[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1 teaspoon of garlic flakes [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning (or half cannabis) [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1/2 teaspoon sea salt[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Mix, shake well before using[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. Keep refrigerated.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Granny :wave:
    [/FONT]

18. DONT FEEL DEPRESSED YOU SILLY LESBIAN WHORE.

Chase AFTER THAT GLIMMER OF HOPE LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER AT AN ALL YOU CAN EAT BUFFET.

Hug a lesbian, Get a footjob from a thai lady boy in a hot tub.

Do something.

Get up right now and goto the bathroom.

look at yourself in the mirror and say "shit". Your a pathetic piece of garbage, dont feel depressed.

EAT YOUR OMEGA 3's VITAMIN d3's, sprinkle brocolli on that shit. You piece of shit.

why are you crying?

stop it.