Feeling awesome about myself ^_^

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by nascarfan, Nov 17, 2011.

1. I'm feeling pretty damn awesome about myself right now. I made changes for the better in my life and stuck with them. Eating better, making an effort to get some exercise.

In the last year, I've gone from 180 lbs to 116 (weighed in this morning), and a size 12-14 pant size, to a 3-5. I'm almost at my target weight of 110 lbs, at which point I hit faze two. I'ma slow my roll on the high cardio work outs, and start lifting weights more, to bring my weight back up to 115 to 120 in muscle.

I'm not really sure what valid reason I really had for making this thread. Maybe just to gloat a bit. But I can't help it, I feel fucking awesome :hello:

2. Congratulations on your weight loss goals. Good luck in your future training. You can try using this thread to log your workouts. I've found it helpful for reference as well as for advice.

3. Well see, I don't really "work out." I figured out that going to the gym every day and doing the same thing was a drag. So I started picking up hobbies that allow me to get a lot of exercise, like mountain biking and (outdoor) roller skating. I believe that exercise used to be just what we called having fun. And I think if we reverted to that state of mind, about fun, a lot of people would be a lot healthier.

I'ma do the same with my weight lifting faze. Kick boxing with free weights, hell yeah! Tai Boe with free weights! Chopping wood (okay, that's not really so much fun as keeping warm all winter. I'll just use a mall instead of the hydrolic press my family has available). Lifting my friend's kid up in the air to play with him. It's gonna be less hit the gym, and more things I enjoy doing that just so happen to be a really good work out.

4. Wooo! This is awesome. I recently made the same choices and it took me a year and a half but I lost 80lbs...can we feel awesome together? :p

5. Yes, yes we can ^_^

6. [quote name='"nascarfan"']

Yes, yes we can ^_^[/quote]

Yaaaaay! Seriously...congrats. ^.^

7. ^_^ party on.

8. I gotcha. Yeah nothing wrong with that. You probably won't make as fast of gains as on a strict lifting plan, but you'll have more fun doing it and it will be much more sustainable. Chopping wood is definitely a good conditioning exercise. I mountain bike as well in the summer and I play hockey in the winter, and it keeps me in pretty good condition for rugby during the fall and spring. I do lift and run in addition to that, but I find those things fun.

I don't know if kickboxing and tae bo with weights is a good idea. Your coordination will be off, which is a big issue in those disciplines. In addition, it can place some extra stress on your knees. You can certainly still do it, but there's better ways of going about adding muscle mass. Personally I'd recommend bodyweight workouts and gymnastics- I find those are a little more fun for people that get bored lifting.

9. I'll definitely look into those things. I'm not looking to get massive or anything. That'd just look strange on my 5 foot 2 female body lol. I just want some muscle tone.