feel so lonely and alone

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Yummybud20, Jan 9, 2011.

1. since losing my first girlfriend 9 months ago I've been pretty depressed ever since. i've been single the whole time.

right now all I do is work and go to teh library everyday to study for my law school entrance exam which is in a month. I probably won't even do good enough on it to get into lawschool for next year and will have to take it again and apply for 2012.

anyways i've been feeling really down lately. cus I have no friends to hang out with right now and I still think about my ex and it makes me feel sick (literally).

I feel so dead inside. I try to smile at people but I feel like people can tell my smiles are fake. like today at the cofee stand I get my coffee from before going to the library the girl that works there smile at me and asked me how my weekend was and I could have continued the conversation with her but I didn't and just made it real short and said bye and left. I don't feel like interacting with people much anymore. I don't think anyone likes me or would like me. for some reason I feel inferior and like i'm not good enough for other people.

not good enough to be their friend or not good enough for a girl to like me. i've always had really low self esteem due to being bullied in grade school and also my mom would call me names and make fun of me as a kid. at least i think that's why i'm like this.

I basically don't believe in myself anymore. I don't think i'm good looking enough, tall enough, smart enough. and not having friends, and being dumped by my ex all confirm my belief that i'm not good enough for anyone or anything. I know i'm depressed at this point. but i'm not always depressed. sometimes I start thinking more positive but then especially at night and weekends I feel so lonely.

sometimes I wish I had some friends I could talk to or make me feel better. And when i'm alone I also think about my ex and it makes me feel sick and I wonder if I'm going t be all alone and lonely forever.

I have bad insomnia also and i'm always wake until 4 am or so. i'm goign to go smoke a joint now to maybe help me get to bed.

2. I'll be your friend. I'm considering the LSAT myself so we have something in common already!

3. thanks man. yeah the lsat is very difficult. I've read 3 self study books (lsat bibles) and I have basically all the old lsats to write. and i'm not doing good enough right nwo and my exam is a month away. I need to get a minimum of 160 on too get into canadian schools here. which is about 75-78 out of 100. that is pretty though to get on the lsat. some people are naturally better at it.

talking to people on the internet helps me vent but it's not the same as having friends to cheer you up and take you out........ you know when other people feel down or get dumped or are stressed out they can go out and get drunk with friends and party adn feel better. but I can't do that. and makes me feel so alone.

and after 9 months I still think about my ex girlfriend cus I have no friends and haven't met any other girl so I still think about her pretty much everyday like she pops in my mind all the time and it makes me feel ill.

when I see other couples holding hands or kissing, or when I see people on facebook posting pics of themselves with their group of friends out partying sat night I feel like total crap.

4. I have been single for over a year now buddy. And the one girl I like lives in another country (and I don't have a visa). I moved to a new country where I have little to no friends and I too cannot study. But for me it is because I have no money :)

So be happy in knowing there are other people in the world in a similar position to you :cool:

5. #5 chronicman00, Jan 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2011
    well since you have a facebook i assume you have a little network of people goin that you must have met at some point in your life..why dont you try to talk to them and maybe make some new bonds?

one thing ive learned is that you cant be all down on yourself man. no one likes someone that has low self esteem. especially the girls. even if you arent confident, try to act like it(other people wont really know), eventually youll get the hang of it. and trust me man, confidence is a mothafucka, ive seen some average guys get some dime-pieces just because of their personality/confidence.

and facebook is for making friends man i know it sounds cheesy but seriously just hit up a couple people and ask if they wanna get down on a blunt or something.always be nice and inviting. BUT dont get used man, its easy to be used in a situation like youre own. next time you got a nice little sac of weed just go on your facebook status and type in "WHO WANTS TO SMOKE AN 8TH WITH ME?!" bet you someone will. n if they come through just be like "yeah man im always smokin and shit next time you should bring some of your friends and we can smoke like an ounce or something"lol

6. Yeah, I'm graduating next fall with an environmental law undergrad degree and still unsure what I want to do. Got a few options just can't decide. If I want to go into law I'm obviously taking the LSAT. If I decide I want to work in the private sector I'll take the GRE for grad school. And if I want to work for the govt I'm probably just gonna get a job right out. My major is pretty much half law and half environmental sciences so pretty nice flexibility there.

what kind of law are you focusing on? I'm mostly concentrating on tort.

And things will get better man, I know it's cliche but time really does help with bad breakups. Been through the same thing myself and seeing other people's romance did make me sad for a while, but eventually I pulled myself together. When I'm feeling down, my mantra is pretty much "fuck 'em". seriously it works. Got a problem, well F it. Some guy being a jerk, well F him. Girl turns me down, well F her. Uhhhh not literally of course. I'm better than all of em. Seriously try it. I had self-esteem problems too which I eventually drowned with a horrendous level of narcissism.

All in all, feel better man. If u ever need to chat feel free to PM me and I can give u my AIM screenname.

7. my gf left me abouuut six years ago. it was really painful for a long time. the pain goes away, but you never forget. and sometimes the pain can come back. i mean i dont know about you but this was probably the one girl i was supposed to have, in terms of fate, so theres really never any getting over it.

sorry. but you can still have a good life. you just have to learn to live with a blackened, shattered heart. you always have us at least.

8. i'm 25 now I was 24 when I dated my ex and she's only 18.

she was the one interested in me. i've never had confidence. she had a crush on me and got her friends to get me to ask her out (I worked with her).

being my first girlfriend, she made me really happy and I really cared for her. she broke up with me after 3 monhts. she drunk called me after a week and half saying she missed me then nothing. she said I treated her like "crap" it was all bullshit she just didn't like me anymore. she then deleted me from facebook after 2 months and I haven't contacted her her or seen or talked to her since.

I still sometimes click on her profile on facebook (she deleted me) and see her new profile pic smiling with her friends or whatever and it makes me sad. I know I shouldn't look.

and facebook generally sucks. other people my age have long term giflriends, are engaged etc are out with friends I have none of that.

the peopel on facebook are not my friends. some where old highschool friends that have moved away and others are old coworkers whom I was never friends. pretty lame actually most of the people I have on facebook I was never friends with peopel that just added me cus they know me from somewhere but don't really care to talk to me.

actually when I'm around others like at work, I will joke with people. and as weird as it sounds I make people laugh and people at my work like me and find me funny.

but deep down i'm a sad depressed guy. if you aren't depressed you won't know what I mean. you'll just be like "just snap out of it". but I always have this sick feeling inside m that never really goes away. I never feel truly happy.

it's because before I met my last ex I was depressed.... then i got my first girlfriend felt so happy for 3 months. then when I go dumped. I suddenly felt so alone and going back to being depressed and alone except now it is way worse.

being dumped by someone you cared about really messes up your mind. and I know it's been so long and I should be totally over it now but i'm clearly not.

and having no social life probably contributes to this and is probably the cause of my depression.

I have cor onsidered going getting meds for depression but I know that only masks the problem. I know I can be a happy person. when I was with my ex all my depression suddenly went away and I was really happy..... my loneliness and negative thoughts are what are messing me up and meds can't really help that.

9. thanks man. yeah but my ex broke up with me 9 months ago. and I still thik about her every day. i still have crazy thoughts thinkign maybe she'll come back which is pathetic.

and it's not good that I click on her facebook page (even though I can't see it) and see her new profile pics.

I keep on thinking about what she is doing and if she is dating someone else. and she's probably happy and has totally forgotten about me and I still think about her.

and I know everyone gets dumped but I think i'm way too sensitive and take things way too hard. not just with women but with everything.

I take any failure in my life or rejection really personally and it really messes with me. being dumped by this girl has made me feel like i'm worthless and not good enough. because if I was good enough she woulnd't have left me.

which is kind of the truth. people try to be nice and say things like oh if you got dumped it doesn't mean anything it means she wans't right for you and doesn't mean there is anything wrong with you.

but I think that's all bullshit. I feel like I wasn't good enough and thus a failure and a reject.

10. i know what you mean, man...

11. dude is this like your 100th thread about the same exact thing?! you stay miserable 24/7. please please please get help.

12. I think one of the best things you can do is to stop smoking grade. Trust me, it'll clear your head. Sort your life out (in the nicest way possible) join the gym or some other club or society. Get out there man!

13. Girl I was seeing again moved to a new place, I introduced her to one of my good friends because she knew no one. I was in rehab and went to visit, get told that they are fucking after some prying by me. This was may. Got a message yesterday saying they are engaged. Everyones life has it's ups and downs, you have to deal with it.

14. If you try to find happiness outside of yourself you will always feel down and low and like a piece of shit letting external factors give you worth

Men look at the stars and still feel little......

15. Sounds like you've already beat yourself up about this, which is why I'm suggesting you discontinue the beating and just move on. In a few years you'll be outta school with a well paying job and enough money to have your own car house whatever food you want and the girl of your choice. Focus on your long term goals rather than what parties your hittin up this weekend. You'll thank yourself down the road and your self confidence will never be higher than when you pass your Law school testing.

16. #16 Smoked All Dat, Jan 9, 2011
    Look man, I feel you. Shit hits the fan hard and sometimes it feels like the whole world is against you. Just think positive, which is hard, but one thing that helps me.

Working out. Go to the gym. Get in real good shape. Trust me, ladies love it first of all, secondly, nobody will fuck you with, and you'll have better self esteem. Buy some new clothes, get a haircut, feel better about yourself.

Just think positive, and you only live once. Convert your sadness into anger to push toward your goal.

Why are you like this right now? You blame your girlfriend, your mom, the bullies. Why did they do that? It wasn't right and now you can show yourself your better than them and now you can turn it around, you see what im saying?

Don't let other people control your life. Fuck them. Fuck the world. Make your money, get your life, get your girl, your family, and thats all that matters.

Oh and the weed farm ;)

But really, working out is the first step. It takes a long time to build muscle, but with a healthy diet (well, not even, you can still eat junk food but just make sure you work yourself at the gym) you'll get there. While working on this, try to get some money together. Maybe ask some family to help you find some work, meet new people, make connections for the future, you know?

Nothing has to be negative, i know it sucks sometimes but life is a bitch and you gotta take it all endure because what doesn't kill you makes you stronger am i right?

17. when you're down u think of ways to get bak up...but when you're up you dont realise what u have till your down

18. Yeah sometimes ya just feel rundown. However you gotta help yourself man, sounds like you just need little more excitment and socializing in your everyday life. Pick up the phone, make some calls, go out every once in a while and meet people.

19. This is at least your third thread that echoes the exact same sentiment: you're lonely, sad, and the lsat is hard. I have sympathy for you because it was a hard, depressing, and long battle for me to get the med school, and I understand when you have one goal in life and you're in the process of coming up short, everything else goes to shit with it.

That being said, you have two choices, either do something about it or not. Its fairly obvious that you haven't yet, or haven't done enough yet. It may be bad luck that's gotten you here or any number of reasons, but if you don't do something to fix it, no one will. If you're lonely go make friends. I just moved to a new city and have very few friends, but I've joined a sports team and met people though that. Join something, meet people - do something positive for your situation.

Better yet, do that and seek professional help. I'm about the last person to admit when I have a problem, I very much subscribe to the bottle your feelings forever philosophy and put on a happy face, but I went to a therapist for about a year. In fact, it was the year when I was first struggling to get into med school. He didn't solve anything, but it really does help to talk your problems out with someone who's trained to do that. Going there made me realize that I did have problems, but that everyone does, and if some trained professional couldn't fix them, only talk to me about them, that I would have to do it myself. And I did, or rather am. Rarely do people attain total happiness. Everyone has to work through there own shit including yourself, so do it.

20. #20 CREAM, Jan 9, 2011
    Dude, HOW MANY threads do you have to make detailing the same exact thing??

Hundreds of members have tried giving you advice. Given that you continually post the same thread, with the same responses...it further reinforces the advice that has been given to you:

Seek professional help man. Seriously. I'm questioning whether you are a troll or not. If you aren't, this isn't healthy man. GET HELP ASAP PLEASE

Because I'll tell you what, generally friends and forums don't mind helping when they can--but when they feel they can't do much to help or that they are being talked at (no offense man, but you talk about yourself and not much else, A LOT)--they won't gravitate your way. This is the last time I comment on your threads unless you seek professional help to sort through this shit. And that doesn't mean just getting a script.