feel like giving up (reps for serious advice)

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by 420Hazo, Mar 13, 2012.

1. I will tell you this, don't let feelings anchor you down in a toxic relationship.

People don't change very easily, you are going to be putting up with this for years if you stay and that is the best scenario. Do what you think is right and don't drag it out

2. What the sh*t, phuck her in the a*s and slap her titti*s around. My good G*d man, you sound like a p*ssy. Man up and sh*ve that dic* down her thr*at.

I very much enjoyed writing this post. I hope I get +rep like you promised.

3. it sounds like you really care about her. do you trust her, and how much? if you truly trust her and care for her, you want to put her first, not yourself. my recommendation for this immediate situation would be to be the humble person, message her that you're ready to listen and then really listen--don't interject, let her have her complete say. if it's appropriate, ask questions. if she asks you questions, don't give her any answers except things you are certain of. tell her you'd like to have some time (5 min, an hour, a day, whatever) to think about the things she's said and any questions she may have. in this situation, i would say you need to over communicate. have her be as specific as possible: especially if she's talking about what's been bothering her, how to make her happier, what she wants out of life and her future (both near and long term). it sounds like there is just a fundamental disconnect and you both need to figure out what that is. now, she may be just looking for a way out or have another person she's already starting to have feelings for; however, it's much better for both her and even more so for yourself to get that out in the open as soon as possible, if it's true! you'll be much, much happier in the long run. DON'T GET DEFENSIVE--at least right away--let her rant and just try your best to figure out what she's really trying to communicate. if you're not sure, ask--it's much better than making assumptions--just be prepared for an answer you might not like. be patient and humble and maintain an open perspective; however, you need to remember to protect yourself. so if she's getting too aggressive or worked up, ask her to stop (for a moment, an hour, a night, whatever), while you regain yourself. again, if you really want to try and have a healthy relationship, you need to have excellent communication. after you have her put everything out there, and have some time to reflect, then is the time to either move forward with her or maybe come to terms that this isnt' the best situation for yourself. anyways...my 2c--best of luck

4. And to add onto what he said, people usually don't change... it is not something easily done and takes lots and lots of dedication and work. Changing a behavior (generally), can only be done by someone who is pretty squared away and mature.

Don't fall into the trap of confusing your fantasy of her changing her behavior and becoming a nice little princess for you, if you end up staying 2 1) this will happen again 2) things will get worse. You're in an abusive relationship and she is trying to guilt you and fuck with your emotions... don't put up with these games.

I can say this because I was in a very toxic relationship with my ex, I wish I listened to myself and broke things off earlier and saved myself a lot of heartbreak and sadness.

5. Why don't you ask her if she wants to break up? If she doesn't, then ask what her fucking problem is.

6. She probably won't say she wants to break up... listen for a pause or any sort of hesitation, that will be your answer. If thats the case, she is thinking about it!

7. I recently just got out of a 2 year relationship. My, now ex, girlfriend started pulling shit like that all the time to and getting over the top mad at such petty things when I did nothing wrong. I personally think she may have been cheating. If I were you buddy I would end it right now and continue your life as a free man. It is kinda hard to get use to but in the end change isin't necesarily bad.