Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Feel disconnected from myself after smoking weed

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Commodore64, Mar 4, 2014.

1. #1 Commodore64, Mar 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2014
    Hello, I know there is a lot of questions on this topic, but still I want to ask again to know what the hell is going on with me.
    So, that was my second time smoking weed and I think I smoked to much that time, and boooy that was messed up, I had this bad trip, I felt horrible, paranoid, scared, I was in such a bad mood I could kill myself or kill someone, insane. Well, this mood passed after 2 hours, I barely got home, and went to bed, I thought in the morning everything will be okey. But no, after 2 days of that panic attack/bad trip I still felt disconnected from myself, I couldn't sleep because my heart was pounding like hell for 2 days, today is third day after that panic attack, my heart feels better but I still feel distant from myself, disconnected, I just wondering am I ever gonna snap out of this, or is there some tricks to make these bad feels to go away faster?

2. The brain is a powerful thing.
    Stop thinking of the paranoia and bad association you got from smoking. Its like a placebo vut oppisite, since you're convincing yourself sub consciously that you may feel this way.
    Just get over it.
    It may work for you. If not, I advice you meditate and or talk to a doctor.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ^this
    plus i think you just blazed way too much, try building some tolerance first. 

4. He only time I've ever felt disconnected to my body was during a trip on unmentionables.

• Like Like x 1
  5. #6 Ras_Star, Mar 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2014
    Two things. You smoked way beyond ur threshold and u had zero/very low tolerance. Combine the 2 and u will feel exactly the way u do. I too have felt that way, one time after not smoking for a couple of years, I smoked 2 blunts of dank with a colleague of mine. I was goofed outta my mind and even after the high faded, I felt I was in a "daze" for about 3 or 4 days after toking. Everything felt surreal, I felt like I was just floating in existence but don't get me wrong, this was a wonderful experience for me because I noticed that I was so much more content, happier, I was in a more relaxed frame of mind and I just felt at peace with everything.

So just relax buddy, this too shall pass

"Everything is better when u are high"

• Like Like x 1
  6. You sure it wasn't meth and not weed?haha I've never heard of someone becoming suicidal or homicidal after smoking. Always the opposite actually. Man I wouldn't even be able to hurt a fly when I'm high. I love everyone and everything!

But yeah you smoked too much. As another blade said: your brain is powerful. Smoking weed will allow you to use parts of your brain that you never knew existed. Going from your current mind state to something that far out there at the blink of an eye will make people freak out sometimes. You need small amounts until your tolerance is up there. Then once you are used to it, you can actually have fun putting your mind in a different place. You will have thoughts and insight on things you would have never thought imaginable.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I'm only been smoking for a month. My first time I felt like that, afraid, unsure and really paranoid. I was thinking of throwing all my weed related stuff, but I recovered and thought of what happened. I decided to give it another try but very little, it feels different and better. That being said, you need to realize no matter what everybody says, it is a powerful drug and can affect every individual in a different way, unfortunately for you, little bit more severe. My advice, get a full recovery from it, maybe few days, then just smoke a little and see if you feel the same. If it doesn't improve, this may not be for you.

8. Just smoke after hitting the weights you'll be too bollixed to think about that shit and just mong out to a bit of bob marley and chow down or some shit. Gotta distract yourself if you are having a bitch fit

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. It will go away. The more you smoke the foggier headed you get, especially when you first start. I remember when I started feeling disconnected to the point that stuff wasn't very enjoyable unless I smoked before hand. Like I said though it will go away fairly quick unless you build up a huge tolerance which takes a few months of regular smoking.

10. #11 Commodore64, Mar 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2014
    Thanks for a lot of information, guys :D Hope I feel better soon, btw, is it one of the typical symptoms that I kinda feel that my heart is pounding hard after 4 days and I still feel kinda scared?

Yes, this is called anxiety. You're thinking too much about your heart, your focus and your energies are being channeled to the area of worry. Your heart is probably beating just fine, but you're aware of it beating and you're telling yourself it's beating too hard.

I had a bit of a negative trip last night as I was coming down. I did smoke more than usual, but I just put some music on, lay down, and relaxed. If you let your mind focus on negative stuff, either when stoned, or in reality, you will feel negative, paranoid, anxious etc.

12. I had a bad trip too with with. The worse thing was I ate it instead of smoking it. I had the worse panic attack I though I was gonna die. Since then I had the worse anxiety and I felt exactly what you're feeling disconnected and disoriented. I was like gone, like I wasn't feeling myself. I didn't have the same motivation, I wasn't as exited about things. I realized that it was my anxiety and that I was giving too much thought to the event that occurred. I feel better now and I feel like myself, but if I don't sleep enough I feel my anxiety kicking in. Now every time I smell weed I feel my heart palpitating, like my body senses danger. It's crazy how powerful the brain is, it really is.

13. I've felt that way during some good trips on good ol fashioned weed. For me it was enjoyable like my soul had awoken and took over piloting my body.

14. You overdosed. You can overdose on weed, but it won't kill you. To prevent this look up how much you would be recommended in a medical state, then with minimal math figure out the dosage of each cookie/candie/brownie. That will help you use an accurate dose and will prevent an overwhelming high.

15. made some RSO from 2 n.l autos. got everything in syringes except 1 drop on the end of the spatula about the size of a pea so i licked it off and forgot about it. went into town and as I'm driving that shit hit me! i got back home and had a hard time thinking! sat in the recliner and felt like i was melting in the chair! was tripping big time to the point everything was too vivid! went to bed and tripped for 3 hrs more! was high as fuck for most of the early evening! wasn't really bad just overwhelming! next day i had that out of body feeling but was pleasant just kind of a swimming feeling. total high lasted over 5 hrs.! that RSO is some kick ass shit! got 2 full syringes of it! can imagine making it with a potent sativa ! fucken send you to the moon and back for sure! got to make and try some if you never!