Feeding Schedule(what do you think?)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TheOuncler, Dec 31, 2011.

1. I'm growing outdoors this coming season and I'm trying to get things together for my first grow. This is what I had in mind for ferts. I'll be using Jack's Classic All Purpose(20-20-20) and then Bloom Booster(10-30-20). I was thinking about adding some Dolomite lime or maybe some Cal-mag in with it. This is just a general idea for the plants.. I'm sure it will vary somewhat(like I might have to harvest early, etc.) But you guys should give me any feedback you might have. I would appreciate it! Thanks for reading:smoke:
    Week 1 - 5: n/a. Add no nutrients.
    Week 6 - 1/8 tsp of All Purpose. 1/2 tsp of Dolomite Lime.
    Week 8-15(veg): 1/4 tsp of All Purpose. 1 tsp Dolomite Lime.
    Week 16-19(first flowering): 1/4 tsp of All Purpose. 1/4 tsp of Bloom Booster. 1 tsp Dolomite Lime every other watering.
    Week 20-22: 1/2 tsp of Bloom booster(once a week).
    Week 22-24: Flush plants. Use only water, do not give plants any nutrients during the final two weeks before harvest.

2. To go along with Jack's amend your soil/medium with calcined clay and dolomite lime. That will give you the Ca, Mg and Su necessary to complete the nutrient profile. Adding some pro-tekt to your water when you feed would be a great thing too... the Silica in it does wonders for cell building and it also gives you a boost in K.

A 1/2 to 1 tsp. per Gallon of the pro-tekt would be sufficient.

If you have a place to brew it, make some alfalfa tea to give them once a week... the growth hormones in it do wonders for your plants.

3. Thanks for the reply bro! Ya I was thinking about using lime in the soil instead.. how much do you think I should use? As for the pro-tekt I think thats a good idea. I think I'll check more into that, do you use pro-tekt for every watering or just when you feed?

4. Haha... it's not very scientific, but my bud uses a handful per 5 G bucket... lol.

You could just give it the protekt when you feed if you want. I'm in coco so i feed twice a day and rain on them every 10-14 days with lots of water in a weak solution but the protekt is always in it. It doesn't seem as if you can really overdo it with the protekt; within reason of course. I start out at 2 ml/G and work up to five as they mature.

Look into the teas as well.... alfalfa or kelp are both great and give you stuff you won't get in the nute packages. A fellow grower pulls some serious weight using a combo of Jack's 20-10-20, Pro-tekt and alfalfa tea.... he also amends with calcined clay (uses hydroton as it provides drainage as well) and lime.

Good luck man!