Feeding my plants milk!

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Ggrown, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Does it work? If so how much should i add per gallon of water

2. Your plants are not going to benefit in any way from doing that

3. Youll be amazed!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. So are you asking or telling us that milk is good to feed plants? You've gotten your answer in several places. Are you waiting for someone to say yes and agree with you?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Im asking o c other peoples opinions and see how many people actually know about this trick since theres not alot of info of it on google. But im sure it benifits it in a positive way. But i jus havent tried it yet. But there seem to be alot of info of it on some advance growing forums

6. Well it sounds like you have your mind set to using it because you found very little info except a few posts in an advanced forum? Yet people tell you not to use it repeatedly. Ok. Do you learn best by making mistakes?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yea next crop i will. Ill post it up aswell it will be very eye opening for alot of people that believe that u need expensove nute lines to get dank weed. So the whole grow will contain molasses milk egg shells and other organic home remedies. Im jus tryin to save a big buk

• Like Like x 1
  8. And find a cheap but very potent remedy

9. Ok. Well if you're interested in that stuff, I'd start reading about KNF Korean natural farming. You'll find more info to make fertilizer. Gil Caradang has a website that has recipes and info on grow and bloom fertilizers, pest sprays and composting. The best use in my opinion for that stuff is to make a compost pile and then use that as a part of your fertilizers. I've made a couple of his recipes in the past like the egg shells to make calcium phosphate but it takes a lot of time to make. I can but the fertilizers in a meal form like kelp meal and add that to my soil so it feeds the plant for quite a while. The liquid fertilizers need to be used more often. They are fun to learn about and make though.

I think if you post like you already know the answer to your questions, people are not going to respond well or be willing to help. If you post in the Absolute beginners forum here, ask questions without insisting it will work, you will get farther faster so you get your answers. Good luck.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. You need to be able to grow using milk before you can go around posting it will work. You read a few myths and accept them as true without actually trying it. That's not fair to others who think that you have and are recommending it to others. Results need to be repeatable so people can't refute them. I encourage you to either figure out a new way to feed your plants OR do this grow and make a journal to prove your point. I think it will be great to finally get info to show people that milk isn't a fertilizer.

• Like Like x 2
  11. I just read a post on a different forum that said Jorge Cervantes (very well known and talented grower that has written some of the best books on growing weed) "injecting milk into the stem of a plant will cause a fatal bacterial infection". Milk goes bad. Use organic nutes or at least use something made for plants.

OR actually try it and when it fails show us how it went. I'm trying to help you. It's a bad idea.

• Like Like x 2
  12. milk isn't even good for humans ... let alone plants

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Improving Garden Soil: Milk and Molasses Magic heres a link to a great info on the milk case

14. so you do like to learn best from mistakes!!! ding! ding! ding! we have a winner! lmao

this is the article they showed you when you were asking for help in the totally wrong thread. i know it's tough because a lounge is the advanced growing area right? i can see why you're having such a hard difficult time learning. you have a hard time being wrong.

no need for a response as this is my last to you. you seem more interested in telling people that milk is a fertilizer when it's apparent you don't understand about growing and don't read the links people share. if you did, i bet you'd find a different article to try and make a point. when you get your first grow up and running, please feel free to share a link here on this thread.

if you need help knowing what a centrifugal fan is or how to keep light outta your tent, go here: Grow Room Design/Setup

any beginner questions which all of yours are. milk is not advanced whatsoever post them here because right now you're in the grow journals which is where you should post you thread proclaiming the wonders of milk, eggs and bread. Absolute Beginners

so when you're having problems because theres not enough fertilizer in your soil, you can try this area of the GC forums Sick Plants and Problems

and if you're lucky enough to get to harvest something, i would check out this area Harvesting and Processing Marijuana

here's another article talking about the credibility of mother earth news magazine as well as giving you some info on how milk isn't a good source of fertilizer. am i gonna tell you that your soil will be rotten sour smelling? no as i don't have first hand experience using milk and don't talk outta my ass like others.

Is Milk Good for the Garden? Milk as Fertilizer - Garden Myths
    The internet is a great source of information, but you have to train yourself to weed out the garbage. I have looked at articles on Mother Nature Earth News a few times and it is quite clear that they will publish garbage. I am not saying it is all garbage, but the articles I have read are full of errors and myths.

Most of the information on the internet about the benefits of milk in soil say the same thing so I will use one source to keep it simple. The following quotes are from a Mother Earth News post called Milk as Soil Food.

“amino acids, proteins, enzymes and natural sugars that make milk a food for humans and animals are the same ingredients in nurturing healthy communities of microbes, fungi and beneficial bacteria in your compost and garden soil”

Absolutely true. Microbes will degrade the larger molecules in milk into basic nutrients which plants can then use as a food source. However, the same statement can be made about every living material; fruits, vegetables, plant waste, manure, compost, wood chips and even paper. All living or dead material that was recently living will do exactly the same thing for your garden.

What the difference between milk and other sources of fertilizer is, that milk is very low in plant nutrition and contains very little nitrogen. Therefore its a poor choice in fertilizer and can not sustain a plant.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. You might try citing science backed studies rather than anecdotal magazine articles. Just sayin'

Results-Generally, we found little to no effect of the raw milk on pasture growth or productivity at either farm. Participating farms were not able to distinguish the areas that had been treated
    with milk from the controls.

The Evaluation of Raw Milk as a Pasture Bio-Stimulant

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. W
    Well we all know that nute companies will tell u everythings a myth and a lie. For the same reason that they dont want people know that they can simply use milk molasses epsom salt etc. They want u to spend all that money on their precious nutes!. And no i found that article after a week of research therez really no info on this subject on google. But yea all i can say is look at these babies. That was a week ago i fed it milk for its first time two days ago and lets say u can already see the difference. Dont get fooled by nute companies some of them dont even tell u wat ingredients theyre made of. Peace

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Old post but I still love how that shut em up. I've had good results using milk.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Been done with molasses and haven't seen pm since in 2 years. It's a yield killer! Have no clue what milk does

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  19. I had a friend who watered the plant with milk, however i doubt thats What he used from the start, it would make sense if you did it right Before harvesting if you want your buds to taste different maybe. But i dont think it would work out in the long run since milk rots really fast.
    Id try it with some bagseed and post results.