Feed schedule opinions wanted

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by randomseed, Jun 24, 2010.

1. So here's what I got. My teacher was using an all organic soil mix (Im convinced it was more a lazy choice then an all natural one) which Ive dumped for a mix of Fox Farm soils and a full nute feeding schdule. I've developed a few personal guidlines that Im trying to follow, with a little wiggle room. Just looking for a sanity check on what Im doing, so far 3 weeks into taking over a full fleged three room setup things seem to be going well but Im not patting myself on the back quite yet.

I usualy mix 5 gallons at a time as needed, for my measuring of nutes I do things at low end of the range (if given on bottle or schdule) and I only mix nutes for 4 gallons to be safe. Example - label says 10-15ml per 4L Ill use 40ml in a 5 gallon mix.

Mondays - micro nute (cal-mag,Liq karma) misting to all veg older then two weeks, just water and 1/2 strength cal-mag for all younger then 2 weeks but rooted babies, clones just get misted. Flowering is pure water (cal-mag as needed) no misting all pour, I try to keep the monday watering amounts as low as I can, tops half gal per for the big guys, much less for others.

Tuesday - mix for weds

Weds - FEEDING DAY - water till they drip.
    Veg - moms get full flavor mixed as stated above + cal mag in the pour
    younglings - get a half strength mix + full on cal-mag load.
    babies - misting again, water cubes if drying

Flower - using strength stated above I use a full spectrum of Liq karma, Sweet, Bloom(for soil), Hydroplex and cal-mag. All pour because I dont even want to risk bud rot or mold (having a hard time getting humidity under 65% in the summer here).

Friday/Sat - followup day
    If need Ill do a straight water to anything looking dry but I can usualy skip it, usually Im more taking a good look at everything to see how the feeding affected it and taking notes to check again before mondays watering.

The only thing Im missing that I want to introduce is Mayan Microzyme, I want to have a preventative natural guard on my soil but still gotta pick up the molassis to get it activated. Also looking for a good natual soil preditor, like a good nematode or something like that.

Just looking for opinions, ideas, things Im missing etc......
    Currently rocking with a ton of Critical Mass (love it), Mango Afghani (toughest plan Ive ever seen, you can run them over and they beg for more), Willy Wonder X Mango, Blue Cheese #2 and 4 and Lemon G. So far everything is doing very well (except the cheese but thats a whole other discussion), better then when I inherited it although it was a stressfull few weeks before I took over so things where not as healthy as they had been.

Ill start a thread on the cheese cause I have to treat it totally different then everything else, we've been having problems with it for half a year and I *may* have gotten it under control.

2. #2 BROWNTOWN, Jun 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2010
    Putting bacteria and fungi in your soil can pretty much be done whenever it not a nutrient so shouldn't effect anything.I generally make teas with fert,molas,bact,and fungi in one container let it stew for couple days and plant love it.Otherwise you could use it once a month,and should be fine take into consideration these things multiply on there own as long as their enviroment is good.U could prob mix up a batch of molasses every other week for em .otherwise they should b fine as long as theres sufficient oxygen.
    And your cheese prob prob due to the blue(not to jump to conclusions)its a finicky fukin strain.Its like a 2 year old throwin a tantrum in a store nothin gonna make it happy unless it get exactly what it wants.

3. Totally agree, the only thing is because it is SO freaking expensive I wanted to wait until I can do whole cutures of it instead of adding it piecemeal and not getting the full benefit. I brew beer as well so I know the importance of getting bacteria started (yeast starters) before using.

4. the bacteria i use is 2 parts .1 is bact an fungi ,other is activator/food which I'm sure its got molasses in it somewhere.Anyway this is a good addition when u see the root balls from this u should def c a difference,and I reccomend it fer sure.Unsulfered mollasses can b got jus bout any grocer